Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the best superchargers for the xB, better than Blitz and Greddy!

bB BOLT ON SUPER CHARGER KIT

Next generation supercharger! 150ps full boost of 0.5kpa First high efficiency
centrifugal supercharger successfully built in Japan!
PE300, an unprecedented space saver and working with great efficiency,
accelerates heavy vehicle of 1.3ton Toyota bB with no hesitation.
Complete bolt on supercharger kit! Stock ECU and injectors can be used.
PE300 super charger kit generates 150ps, that is, 40% more PS over the stock motor.

output : 150ps (MAX boost 0.5kpa)

■ feature 1 : Packaging flexibility - lightweight compact body!
■ feature 2 : .High efficiency - centrifugal, rotational blower!
■ feature 3 : Complete bolt on unit - easy, no modification are required for installation High volume fuel pump (130L/H), Air Impulse-II (Power’s air cleaner) Power Super V-Belt and any other necessary components and hard ware are included.
■ feature 4 : Designed to reduce frictional loss and noise by use of ball bearings.
■ feature 5 : Stock CPU and injectors can be used with PE300 kit.

bB BOLT ON SUPER CHARGER KIT

■ PE300 S/C Super charger kit
Price : $3580

·
Registered
974 Posts
I read about that kit. It looks like an excellent S/C kit but I just can't bring myself to spend over $2000 for forced induction so I am designing my own S/C kit using a roots blower off of an AMG Mercedes.

Now if you don't mind spending the money, from what I have seen and read about this kit, it is the best one out there.

·
Registered
454 Posts
looks like you might need to figure something out with the air filter. Cause on the USDM bB/xB the brake fluid resevoir goes there. I'm with everyone else though if I had 3G's and another car I'd do it in a second!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
A bit too rich for my blood right now. I just got my xB and haven't sold my old car yet. And even if I did have $3600 to drop on forced induction, I think I would be hitting up Todd over at Turbo Toyotas first.

Definitely a high quality system though.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I also read a long time ago about this kit. Supposedly, there is a pulley that replaces the S/C if there is a problem or the S/C is removed for whatever reason. Good thinkin I say.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
I'm surprised there is no Vortex kit for xB. Or is there? Could be a little cheaper.
The kit looks awsome, not as bulky as roots type and there should be no problem to revise air filter mount for US model.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I think you mean Vortech. And no, they do not have a kit. The closest they have is their V-5 G trim kit for the DOHC 1.6 liter Honda Civic.

If you have some fabrication skill, or design skill with ties to a good fabricator you could probably use a Vortech supercharger to build your own kit. You can buy just the centrifugal supercharger by its self for well under $2000. Something like the V-5 F Trim. All you would have to fabricate is the supercharger mount, piping. Then you would have to deal with the engine management. And of course, get a properly sized pulley.

All in all you could be out the door for less than what it costs for most off the shelf bolt on kits. But it will take a lot more labor. Just like with a turbo kit. The parts are out there. You just have to have the knowledge and ability to make it happen.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Dont know how i've misspelled that:confused:
Too bad Vortech won't bother putting together an xB kit. If your estimate on the cost of their blower is correct, than it is not really worth to try to adapt that to our cars unless you have a metal fab shop. The kit in the pic looks real neat.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Technically you can run an intercooler with any sort of forced induction. You would just have to have your own custom piping bent and order up your choice of intercoolers. I do not know how much heat this particular compressor generates. It is likely to be significantly less than a turbo, and even a roots style supercharger. But it probably does run hotter than say a twin screw supercharger.

All in all, to see any gain by adding an intercooler you would likely need a larger smaller pulley to increase boost, remaping the PE tuning, and possibly changes to the fuel system. In other words... a whole can of worms.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
watch out, S/C's use aftercoolers. Turbo's use Intercoolers. a top mount aftercooler would be neat utilizing one of those Carbon hoods with the scoop on it. otherwise, pping would be so long, the S/C would prolly lag a bit. That's a lot of distance to pull air into the engine at that point

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Would anything have to be replaced inside the engine with that supercharger? I know that forced induction requires a lot of forged parts and whatnot. Or would the engine be able to handle the blowjob like a champ?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Supercharging with moderate to low boost does not require forged pistons, that is only needed when one bumps the boost up. My 5.0 held up fine with 6 lbs of boost, but once the boost started to climb in excess of 10 lbs head gaskets were the issue. So a complete rebuild was next, every thing was built up, pistons, rods, crank, trans, clutch, drive shaft, rear gear and loc-wire head gaskets to hold 15to 20 lbs.

And my 6 lb supercharger came on my car from a dealer here in Houston. Centrifugal's do generate plenty of heat, anytime you compress air you generate heat due to friction.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The heat doesn't really come from friction, well it sorta does in a way.

To be more specific, the intake charge is always hotter on a forced induction car because the more you compress the air the hotter it gets. It doesn't matter if you compress the intake charge with a turbo, a S/C, or whatever, the intake charge WILL increase in temerature more and more as you run more and more boost.

An intercooler would work fine on this S/C kit. You would simply need to plumb it inline on the tube in between the S/C and the throttle body. An intercooler would do no good placed before the S/C.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would anything have to be replaced inside the engine with that supercharger? I know that forced induction requires a lot of forged parts and whatnot. Or would the engine be able to handle the blowjob like a champ?
From what I've seen and read you dont have to replace anything if your stock. But if you have an intake system, that goes out. Also Iam not 100% sure but I think some one once said that you would have to keep the stock header if you wanted to use this S/C other wise it wouldnt work with an after market one. But like I said Iam not 100% sure If any one knows please correct me:)

So is this the best S/C there is for the xb? Is it better than the Greddy one? I'am thinking about getting a S/C but I seem to incounter problems with each one. First on the list is blitz, which everyone agrees its just for show, looks nice but dosent really preform and is the most expensive of the 3. Secondly is Greedy, which everyone seems to like, but I cant use it because I have an 06 xb and the ECU is difftent from the previous years, so the Emanagement from Greedy wont work on my 06. So that only leaves this PE S/C which if I got I would have to take out my short ram, which I dont want to do cause thats $$$ gone down the drain, and this S/C prevents me from installing a header. Any one have any suggestions or an answer to my problems?:(

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.