Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't got them mounted yet.. what do y'all think?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope. just a stock color.
ie; Cardinal Industrial Finishes.
code # is T028-GR02
Steel Gray Pearlescent- 80% gloss
cost wuz $50 per wheel including sand/media blasting.
picked up the rims from dealer (take-offs) for $60 per set of 4

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I just may have to try that here with my small powdercoat setup. I hve plenty of steelies.

Saddlescore jsut dont over torque them and screwup that nice powdercoat, it call crack and peel, I wonder how it will hold up to brake dust?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good, I might have to try that with my set of steelies. The powder coating facility at my work is almost up and running.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just may have to try that here with my small powdercoat setup. I hve plenty of steelies.

Saddlescore jsut dont over torque them and screwup that nice powdercoat, it call crack and peel, I wonder how it will hold up to brake dust?
from what info I've gathered, the key to not having them peel/crack is to do a complete media blasting to remove all factory paint & a good rinse/wipe down to remove any remaining residue. then pay close attention to the bake temperatures & time's.

brake dust residue should just wash off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here they tis!

finally got them mounted...hope ya like

oopsies....last one is what will fit in a box and still close the hatch....LOL

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Damn! That's a lot of TV in the back of the box. I'm actually surprised it fit. :)

The wheels look good, and are probably a more practical wheel than any of the rest of us have.

(Glad I finally got to meet you the other day!)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it was a bit tight driving home with the seats slid nearly all the way forward tho..
best part was that a guy with a new new caliper bought the same tv.....and it wouldn't fit in his....lmao!

and finally getting to meet ya was a high point of the m&g..pizza was awsum!!

red

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm not impressed by that TV pic until it's custom mounted into your car and has a video game system hooked up to it..... lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts