Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Ladies and gents!

I just joined up, and wanted to say Hello to everyone.

I currently drive a Subaru, STi and enjoy it quite a bit. As well, have been admiring the Scion xb!

I guess i was wondering if anyone came from a resonably fast car, and then swithed to a Xb, and if they felt bad about the descision. I think the scoin would be quite a fun car, and has more room for the family, and still can be modded.
Not to mention the fact that it would be cheaper to purchase, and insure.

any thought from members and owners would be appreciated.

---I have been reading about the supercharger kits available, and would more than likely go that route as well...... love the boost :)

a few pics of my current ride

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It will be different, The S/C will help. Looks like you will mod it as well. It should be OK since you are already into modding cars.

At the price it is a killer deal. Under $20,000 with S/C and rims, drop, etc. Way cheaper than the STI, Insurance will be way cheaper too.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I had a '00 Celica GTS (Sort of a "fast car"), I really liked it but the xB is so much more fun to drive! I don't miss it at all.

Despite it's low hp, the xB moves reasonably quick. It loves curves, which I'm sure you can appreciate! Go test drive one, but be careful....... once it gets you it won't let go! (And neither will you!)

Oh yeah, welcome to Club xB!

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Sounds about right, feels like more though! Or is it just me and my lead foot?
I have a lead-foot too, so I'm no judge to go by. I've already received some pretty yellow papers from a uniformed man a couple times, so I think it's probably fast enough...lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, tonight i went and test drove an 06' xb.

I am impressed with the leg room, and head space. love the split seats. the ride around town was very decent. I was really surprised at how well it turned. the biggest dissapointment was on the freeway. really buzy, and felt pushed to get up to 70 mph.

One other thing that i disliked was the cycloptic spedometer, and tiny tach in the center dash. felt there was a lack of lighting from that at night time.

I still cant believe the car is so loaded with options for only 14,7K, great bargain

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ravi said:
Well, tonight i went and test drove an 06' xb.

I am impressed with the leg room, and head space. love the split seats. the ride around town was very decent. I was really surprised at how well it turned. the biggest dissapointment was on the freeway. really buzy, and felt pushed to get up to 70 mph.

One other thing that i disliked was the cycloptic spedometer, and tiny tach in the center dash. felt there was a lack of lighting from that at night time.

I still cant believe the car is so loaded with options for only 14,7K, great bargain
Your points are valid ones, I'm sure most of us noted pretty much the same things. Ahh, but that's where the mods come in! Engine power mods, additional lighting, maybe a gauge pod for the tach, the possibilities are endless! And like you said, for $14k and some change it's not too shabby of a car! :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have gotten my box where it is today, for under 18k. In just a little over a year.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Padanky- that looks awesome!

do you have a mod list? and more pics.

--do you guys know , do they make an HID conversion kit?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ravi said:
Padanky- that looks awesome!

do you have a mod list? and more pics.

--do you guys know , do they make an HID conversion kit?
You need to know that I'm a bodyman, and alot, well everything was done myself. So that helped.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/members/padanky/

Thanks,
Chris

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you like the xb, It will only get better. At first people will say things, but as soon as a few changes are made, we will have another "potential convert".

Just look through the "members" links at the top of the page. You should find alot of good stuff in there.

Ric2542
Squrriel
Krazylowgsr,
Frankenscion,
Dajap,
etc. Them are just a few that should get your attention.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.