Tires: Nitto nex gen 225/30R20
Sway Bar(s): OEM
Other Suspension mods: None.
Driving style: Cruisin

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now I don't have any interest/desire to ever run 20's on anything but a mini truck... But Just curious if you can add a review to your set up for those who will be interested.

Like how does it ride, how does it handle, pros or cons?

·
Registered
9 Posts
DFE210's with OEM everything else suspension wise
XXR 530 18x8.75 +33
Pirelli 235/40 18's
Speed Limit on cruise control, just got this set up today but so far smooth ride no rubbing, I want spacers in the rear to even out with front minor poke...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got my Racelands in TODAY!!! I won't have a chance to put them on until Monday, but did you use any offset spacer? I was trying to go for that height, but with a more flush look. I'm running stock hubcaps and tires.

Raceland Low.

My set up: Modded front struts. removed bottom lock collar, for the extra 1/2" lowering on the front. Rear is just Raceland springs, no collars/mounts and Raceland shocks. Basically, everything is at its lowest possible setting with modification. Tires are OEM 205/55R16.

Opinions: Don't expect a performance coilover here. Now that being said, here what you can expect.

Lowness. You're going to have to void the warranty to get as low as I am right now, or run stupid small tires on 15-16" wheels.
Ride comfort. Not bad. Doesn't ride anywhere as good as Tanabe DF210's (that almost stock feeling) but it rides really soft/smooth. The Ksport/D2/Tien/ECT will ride a lot more firm, and should be the way to go for a good handling car.

For the price ($400 ish shipped) you can't beat it! If you just want to get low, but not bust open the bank, Racelands are for you. If you want firm spring rates, and fast reacting shocks, go to the higher dollar brands.

Tanabe DF210's on OEM struts/shocks vs Racelands... Ride comfort, mild drop, OK handling DF210's win. But for lowness, new shocks/struts all around Racelands take the trophy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've put on the front right, it took me a little more than an hour ... Everything is rusted together because of the Philadelphia salty winters ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Before and After:
Before=Stock
After=Raceland coilovers for xb2
No height adjusting hardware in rear.
25mm spacer from ebay.
CAUTION!!! Will rub when going over small bumps in rear.
Need fender roll, but don't know anyone in Philadelphia.
Ordered 25mm spacer for front. Will arrive in a few days.
Probably will add height adjusting hardware in rear.
Probably will raise .5 inches in front after spacer arrives and is installed.

Attachments

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,509 Posts
Ordered 25mm spacer for front. Will arrive in a few days.
You might want to change that to a 15mm spacer. The rear track is 10mm narrower than the front on each side. 15mm front and 25mm rear will make the wheels sit the same distance from the fenders. With a 25mm in the front it'll stick 1/2" further out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
SMH! They've already been shipped from California. I honestly don't like the spacers. I have this fear of hitting a pot hole and the hubs just disintegrating. I'm keeping my eyes out for some 16 inch wheels with hellaflush width and offset. Ultra stretch the stock tires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You might want to change that to a 15mm spacer. The rear track is 10mm narrower than the front on each side. 15mm front and 25mm rear will make the wheels sit the same distance from the fenders. With a 25mm in the front it'll stick 1/2" further out.
I ditched the spacers, and went with some 9.75" wide 17" XXRs. I never liked the staggered look, so I went the same size and offset all the way around.
It seemed ridiculous to stagger on a car that is front wheel drive.

This is the most recent image of my car with 17x9.75 XXRs wrapped with 245/45/17 tires (the tire size is approximate).

This is a relatively recent picture almost immediately after installing the turbo.
I had to lift the car up about 1-2 inches to fit the extremely large tires.

This is an attempt at using the 18x8.75 XXRs wrapped with the most stock tires possible.

This was when I first installed the 17x9.75 when I was using 205/40/17 tires.

Here's another after I adjusted the hight to sit as low as possible on Raceland coilovers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tein Basic Coilovers
Fronts: Maxed out
Rears: Maxed out w/ 1 perch removed
Wheels: ESR SR01
18x8.5 Offest F:30 R:17
215/40/18

No rubbage. Front fenders are mildly rolled, Rears are shaved.

Tein Basic Coilovers
ESR SR01
Specs: 18x8.5 Offest 30 (Rears have 13mm spacers)
Tires: 215/40/18

No Rubbage. Front fenders are mildly rolled // Rears are shaved

Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts