Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring and Shock ONLY or Coilovers ONLY! NO AIR RIDE!

I did one of these threads in the xB1 suspension section and it went over great. Lots of good info to be found in one place, tech and reviews.

So here's how it works:

Struts/Shock: OEM
Springs: Tanabe DF210
Wheels: OEM Steel 16"
Tires: Basic touring tire.
Sway Bar(s): OEM
Other Suspension mods: None currently
Driving style: Under the speed limit, Cruising, back road
Pics:

Review: Haven't really pushed this yet to see how well it now carves a turn, but I can say that for a daily driver ride height, it's perfect no matter where you live. No excuses for "but our roads suck". These just suck up the wheel gap, not "slam".

·
HFD CLEVELAND
2,170 Posts
Re: Post Your Spring/Shock Combo:

Stock struts and shocks
Eibach Sportlines Springs
OEM 16" wheels

Same set-up with 18x8 wheels 215/40/18

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 11:54 PM ----------

As Stenger said, great ride height, drives very similar to OEM springs.

Even with the 18" rims and two 200+lbs guys in the back Ive had no rubbing ever.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Struts/Shock: Racelands coilover
Springs: Racelands rear springs
Wheels: 17x8 MSW type 19a
Tires: 225/45/17 kuhmo ecsta 4x
Other Suspension mods: None
Driving style: Speedlimit +/- 10 mostly small town some interstate
Pics:

Rides great actually, I was a little tentative with all the bashing on racelands for being cheap but they are smooth riding. I still could drop it another 1/4 of the coilover in front but I like the leveled look. Over all drop was around 2.8 inches. I may upgrade to ksports next year just for more low but for now it looks/ rides beautiful.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The good news is, there is also a xb1 thread exactly like this... The bad news is (as you now know) this is not the Xb1 section. Lol

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts

Having fun in this thread already, Stenger?

Since the 1st Gen thread you started went so well, we'll stick this one and add it to the front page. Oh yeah, I made a slight change to your title (so folks won't get confused).

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
KSports.

Done.

However, I'm going to be contacting a company for shorter and higher spring rated springs for the rear.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 10:35 PM ----------

Oh, I got to fill stuff out...

Struts/Shock: KSport
Springs: Cheap joints that come with KSports
Wheels: 19x9.5 Rotiform BLQ.
Tires: Achilles ATR 225/35R19.
Sway Bar(s): Hotchkis front and rear, with a broken Hotchkis out back.
Other Suspension mods: None.
Driving style: Slow and low.

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts

Pics from last year. Don't have any new ones.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 11:06 PM ----------

Thanks to Rob Ghaderi for the pics.

·
No longer SW now Supa Red
136 Posts
Severed, those window vent visors are nice, and I have never been a fan of most that are out there, but yours blend so well. Where did you get them?

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 10:45 PM ----------

Oh yeah......:

Struts/Shock: TEIN (coilovers)
Springs: TEIN ( coilovers)
Wheels: painted 19" TRD
Tires: BF badrich tires ( can't wait to get rid of them)
Other Suspension mods: None currently
Driving style: Cali style, and cruizin the beach.
Pics:

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
I can't recall where I picked them up from, but they're just AVS seamless joints. You can Google it and find the part number, then Google the part number. You can find the best price that way. I think I paid roughly $100 shipped.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Raceland Low.

My set up: Modded front struts. removed bottom lock collar, for the extra 1/2" lowering on the front. Rear is just Raceland springs, no collars/mounts and Raceland shocks. Basically, everything is at its lowest possible setting with modification. Tires are OEM 205/55R16.

Opinions: Don't expect a performance coilover here. Now that being said, here what you can expect.

Lowness. You're going to have to void the warranty to get as low as I am right now, or run stupid small tires on 15-16" wheels.
Ride comfort. Not bad. Doesn't ride anywhere as good as Tanabe DF210's (that almost stock feeling) but it rides really soft/smooth. The Ksport/D2/Tien/ECT will ride a lot more firm, and should be the way to go for a good handling car.

For the price ($400 ish shipped) you can't beat it! If you just want to get low, but not bust open the bank, Racelands are for you. If you want firm spring rates, and fast reacting shocks, go to the higher dollar brands.

Tanabe DF210's on OEM struts/shocks vs Racelands... Ride comfort, mild drop, OK handling DF210's win. But for lowness, new shocks/struts all around Racelands take the trophy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts