Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been perusing the site and have a couple questions-
1) I keep seeing 1.0, 2.0, 4.0, etc- I presume that's a trim level from Toyota/Scion, but what do they actually represent?
2) What are the real world MPG numbers, both in-town and open highway (80-85 mph)?
3) How are the A/T for reliabilty (I'd much rather have 3 pedals, but it's supposed to be her car), and are there any possible "gotchas" from a reliability standpoint? Yes, I know it's a Toyota, but they're not perfect.

My wife isn't overly keen on the whole "happy meal on wheels" styling of the xB, but the practicality of a truly minature van is appealing to me. She's announced that her much hated Mazda 626 is going to be replaced soon, hence the homework on my part.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Matt Fisher

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1,2,3,4 are special edition release series that are no longer sold. only can find them used. 1 was orange, 2 was yellow, 3 was green, 4 was torched penny.

I get 35 in town, like 30 on highway at 80.

A/T are more reliable than M/T probably. Cluth can go out earlier in these.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Scotty just about sum'd it up.

Some have even gotten 40-41mpg, but not at 80mph.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i have the manual tranny and 32k miles on mine and i give it hell...no problems yet...when i say hell i mean e-brake burnouts, taking off ramps at 45,20-30 mile back road drives high in the high rpms...still no problems, has been the best vehicle i have owned all i have done is upgrade on it and changed the oil in it!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ Same here, e-brake 180's, burn outs, hard shifts, qtr mile passes, gear grinds, clutch dumps, downshifts, all on stretched rubbers. No problems at all.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
They are fantastic. Toyota actually released these much earlier in Japan so all of the "bugs" (if any) were worked out a long time ago. A lot of gas mileage around here has a direct correlation to the size wheel and tire some are running.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate the replies.

We'll likely go test a couple out in the near future. The Xb is still on the short list of possibilities due to my prodding, but who knows if it'll make the final cut- the various test drives will have lots to do with what ends up in the driveway.

ShortBus- you mentioned that the wheel/tire size has a significant impact on the mileage of the box. I'm guessing that 20" wheels make it feel like you're pulling an open parachute, but what about more reasonably sized wheel/tire combos, especially something with a near-stock circumference, like a +2 size?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts