Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So no more than a year of having my 002's, there's some clearcoat type material on the lip that's peeling off. I just noticed it today after I cleaned it up. Anyone else having this problem with the clearcoat material peeling off of the lip? Is this normal? Is there a warranty for these issues?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
This can happen to any aftermarket wheel that has clearcoat on them. If you were running them in snowy conditions, the salt raises the possibility of the clear coat peeling.

You can always get the wheel re-coated. It might not be the wheels' fault, maybe a default in manufacturing. These things happen.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to hear that Johnny, really sucks. I was afraid with these wheels being so cheap that problems like this might occur, but hopefully its just an isolated problem and nothing too big.

·
Registered
612 Posts
What do you expect for wheels at that price? IMO, these are "throw away" wheels. They look awesome and are great for running them raw. When their looking a little gully, you get a new set :)

I'm thinking of getting a set of 501s because I won't be paranoid about keeping them in good shape...hahah

·
Registered
255 Posts
My friend has 002's on his xa and ran them through the snowy winter here in chicago and now his have a hazy film over 3 of the wheels. One is perfect but the others are bad.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Johnny you know I still have my rims up for sale. You know you wont be getting any problems from them. BTW thanks again for the hookup!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Hmm, I've had my 962 for two years running daily and no problems, the 006s were never put on the xB, and now I'm running the 504s.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Johnny you know I still have my rims up for sale. You know you wont be getting any problems from them. BTW thanks again for the hookup!

You're welcome....I hope you guys had fun! As for your rims, trust me, I've reeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy been thinking about it the past few days. I'm trying to see where I can come up with the funds so I can buy it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you want them and cant come up with all the money right now let me know and I can probably work out a payment plan with you.

You're welcome....I hope you guys had fun! As for your rims, trust me, I've reeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy been thinking about it the past few days. I'm trying to see where I can come up with the funds so I can buy it.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you want them and cant come up with all the money right now let me know and I can probably work out a payment plan with you.
I'll call you tomorrow. We'll see if we can work it out. I just have other projects right now that are tying me up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have had mine mounted for about 2 months maybe 700 miles and 1 of my 002s is peeling. i am so anal about curbs and **** because they stick out a lil and this happens. i was kind of worried because of the cheap price. you get what you pay for i guess.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
get those badboys PCd and never worry about clearcoat problems again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts