Scion xB Forum banner

Should i sell Lover Souls and get Euroline DH or FS????

• Are you FCUKING stupid? keep the Lover Souls you smacked ass

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Sell the Lover Souls and step up to the big game with Eurolines

Votes: 9 39.1%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok im in a pickle... thing is i have camber on all 4 corners of my car now (once i install my cusco camber plates) and i have 2 problems

1) i LOOOOOOVE my wheels i have now BUT they are only 17x7. cant stretch tires on them, and they dont sit flush without vast amounts of spacers. i only bought them b/c they were available and RARE. i always wanted work wheels since before i even had a xB. nobody got back to me about the work equip 01's i was going to buy...

2) my wheels are rediculous types of hard to find and earn points at shows. not that Eurolines cant b/c not everybody has them but rolling on discontinued japanese Damd/Enkei wheels doesnt hurt. they are very unique and people usually associate Lover Soul to me and my car.

so what do you all think? should i sell my beloved 17x7 +25 Lover Souls and get a nice set of 17" or 18"x8.5 +25/+20 Work Euroline DH or FS wheels?

*****EDIT* SEE PAGE 2 FOR NEW INFO/ PHOTOSHOP******

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dude, I've really gotta think about this one before I vote. Like you said, I think about your ride when I hear Lover Souls. But, the Works are an appealing choice for sure.

Tough decision.......

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
dude, I love your wheels on YOUR car, HOWEVER, your car would look SUPER awsome with the Works!

(if you sell, PLEASE keep me in mind, I have been searching for these wheels)

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
okay, so here's what you do. You get the Eurolines, put them on, win some trohpies.

Then make Pete and Sir duke it out in a deathmatch style last man standing arena like Thunderdome. All proceeds of the match will go towards your car, and winner walks away with the LoverSouls. (or you kill the winner as well and take all the money you made from the match to pay for the Eurolines and just keep the LoverSouls)

hmm,... perhaps I have put too much thought into this....

"Two men enta'! One man leaves!"

seriously like Dion said, I'll have to think about it b/c when I hear Lover Soul I think of your ride

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can I get in on that match, make it like a battle royal or something? Those wheels are hot.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
alright well heres my noob opinion on this:

you have a uber rare set of Loversouls (non VIP), on a brown car (non VIP), with a Kenstyle Urban body kit (considered VIP). it just depends what direction you're going to plan to go. i dont know if anything has changed, but last time i talked to you, you didnt have air or coilovers, which would be another expense in going the VIP route. the thing about that though is, its going to be damn near impossible to go the VIP route with your paint job. it just wont look right since its so retro. now i know everyones probably reading this and saying, "who gives two shits to the wind about keeping a specific style". well you dont have to, but trust me, youll be happier in the end if everything flows! the eurolines would be a step in the wrong direction IMHO. you have an old school kick ass paint job, and some huge monoblock wheels would make it look outta place if you did it. what i would suggest if you want to really get Works, and do some nice fitment, is buy a set of Work Leadsleds. Depending on the vehicle, they can be VIP/Luxury and old school. sounds like the perfect combo for you.

So my spark notes for my own long ramblings:

Car style isnt VIP. Eurolines are mostly VIP. Brown VIP isnt working. Go with a retro look with some Work Leadsleds, which would give you the stance you're looking for, while keeping retro and classy look.

Okay done.

Scotty

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
ScionScotty said:
alright well heres my noob opinion on this:

you have a uber rare set of Loversouls (non VIP), on a brown car (non VIP), with a Kenstyle Urban body kit (considered VIP). it just depends what direction you're going to plan to go. i dont know if anything has changed, but last time i talked to you, you didnt have air or coilovers, which would be another expense in going the VIP route. the thing about that though is, its going to be damn near impossible to go the VIP route with your paint job. it just wont look right since its so retro. now i know everyones probably reading this and saying, "who gives two shits to the wind about keeping a specific style". well you dont have to, but trust me, youll be happier in the end if everything flows! the eurolines would be a step in the wrong direction IMHO. you have an old school kick ass paint job, and some huge monoblock wheels would make it look outta place if you did it. what i would suggest if you want to really get Works, and do some nice fitment, is buy a set of Work Leadsleds. Depending on the vehicle, they can be VIP/Luxury and old school. sounds like the perfect combo for you.

So my spark notes for my own long ramblings:

Car style isnt VIP. Eurolines are mostly VIP. Brown VIP isnt working. Go with a retro look with some Work Leadsleds, which would give you the stance you're looking for, while keeping retro and classy look.

Okay done.

Scotty
ditto!
very good explanation!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
thanks sid! sid knows what im talkin about this one with style. you look at his, and you realize why his is one of my favorites, but hes probably spent the least outta anyone on this site on mods!!!!! (i hope you dont mind me saying that)

he has perfect style and flow to his car. everything fits. thats what you need to achieve on this Dustin . forget brand names if you have to. get something to go with your retro theme box, and make it work! (haha. no pun intended)

scotty

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
interesting b/c Rico actually suggested Work Leadsleds a while back...

i dont have coilovers or air YET. i didnt think of the whole VIP/ non-VIP route, thank you scott for bringing that to my attention. as i keep buying parts for my car it seems like its turning into a hodgepodge and that is the LAST thing i want to happen. i have a solid JDM/retro theme going on but i HATE the fitment of the LS wheels. the are good up front but with the cusco camber plates they arent going to sit right anymore. in the back with the OTG's the tops sink in as it is.

my car lacks STANCE. a LOT of that has to do with weak sauce tanabe df210's. some of it though comes from the cambered rears sunken in, and the fronts arent as fitted as i'd like.

i'd LOOOOOOVE SSR Professor sp2r's in gold 15x8 but i cant afford them. i'd get gold rota D2's or Sportmaxx 002's 15x8 et0 but selling rare wheels to get common ones would be a crime at the expense of fitment.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i'd LOOOOOOVE SSR Professor sp2r's in gold 15x8 but i cant afford them. i'd get gold rota D2's or Sportmaxx 002's 15x8 et0 but selling rare wheels to get common ones would be a crime at the expense of fitment.
wow wow wow. i wouldnt go that far man. fitment IS everything! forget rarity man. that is neglibable here. what if you curb one? just think... its THAT hard to get a replacement. you curb a Rota... who cares... get another! i keep thinking of ditching my wheels because the lack of fitment, and that is the defining thing of a car. stance is absolutely everything.

what i would do if i were you, is get your suspension down first actually. it makes a WORLD of difference. my car i was getting ready to part out. then i got the Progress coilovers, and now im thinking what can i do next! I was running 2.5-2.75 inch drop on DFs, which was insane, and then you drop to 3.5 inches and its game over. theres no substitute for that extra inch. its unbelievable how much difference it makes.

do suspension first, then worry about wheels. you may decide, that with that extra drop and extra hotness, youll want to keep the Loversouls. do suspension then do wheels is my advice to you.

scotty

·
Registered
251 Posts
ScionScotty said:
wow wow wow. i wouldnt go that far man. fitment IS everything! forget rarity man. that is neglibable here. what if you curb one? just think... its THAT hard to get a replacement. you curb a Rota... who cares... get another! i keep thinking of ditching my wheels because the lack of fitment, and that is the defining thing of a car. stance is absolutely everything.

what i would do if i were you, is get your suspension down first actually. it makes a WORLD of difference. my car i was getting ready to part out. then i got the Progress coilovers, and now im thinking what can i do next! I was running 2.5-2.75 inch drop on DFs, which was insane, and then you drop to 3.5 inches and its game over. theres no substitute for that extra inch. its unbelievable how much difference it makes.

do suspension first, then worry about wheels. you may decide, that with that extra drop and extra hotness, youll want to keep the Loversouls. do suspension then do wheels is my advice to you.

scotty
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Scott..............................................

I hate you for being right :p

I think Scott has the right idea on the Sleds. It would give it that ol school look that could just be the finishing touches after the coilovers/air ride. I didnt think about the eurolines being way to shiny and VIP for the poo poo box. Now thats a man who appreciates JDM all the way( talkin about Scott) :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scotty you are one of the biggest helps to me :)

ive never had anything this nice before so maybe my way of thinking is a bit different :/. rarity is valuable in my mind, and its hard to justify selling something that rare for something so cheap. i could use the money and spread it around the car (coilovers) and better fitting wheels, which is what i wanted in teh first place.

ive been meaning to get the progress coiovers for a while. they are the cheapest and offer insane drop. im terrible at saving money though. i think out of the 2 choices i listed the gold sportmax 002's are the closest to what i originally wanted. a deep 15" wheel with SICK fitment. there are only 10 sets so the rarity is still there for my crazy brain to pacify itself on hahahaah. they are $580 i think. progress coils are $700. tires are roughly $300. i think i just need to save up like a bandit and get coilovers like you said, then hope the 002's are still around...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
just tryin to spread a tad bit of my knowledge here. give back to the sites that are good to me!

you're on the right track Dustin. you're xB is sick already, you're just gonna be taking it to a whole new level!!

the Progress coilovers are INSANE dropped. its however low you're aftermarket will probably go. lemme give ya a taste:

now dont you want to drop it till you cant see the day of light under that bumper! haha! if you get the 02s, youll have the sickest setup on them yet. no offense to those running them, but to make those look right, you need a) stretched tires b) at least 3-5 degrees of camber front and back c) at least 3-3.5 inch drop. all those are necessities IMHO.

cant wait to see your box when its done Dustin. itll be one of the hottest out there! (well honestly, it is already. just another credential for its awesome looks) best of luck on modding!

scotty

1 - 20 of 42 Posts