Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to play podcasts with the stock IPOD stereo? It willlet me access playlists and all that but no podcasts. I hope I am just a big dummy and am missing a step.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
You can't play the podcasts thru stereo's OEM or aftermarket. At least to my knowledge. Only on the new home docking stations do they work. I think it's a safety feture so you don't wreck your car.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have no problem playing podcasts on my Alpine after market head unit. I don't remember if I played them on the iPod upgrade head unit or not. On my Alpine they are found by going to "playlists" and then "podcasts". They are listed by author and date.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the OEM stereo with the IPOD hookup. I just want to listen to my radio show podcasts.

·
Registered
974 Posts
They play just fine on my OE stereo. I just play them like a regular track and they work fine.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Is it possible that you're just not looking for the right listing? Sometimes the track name doesn't match up with what you think it might. Maybe......

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
caden_stargate said:
WTF is a podcast??
Hey, watch that language or I'll tell your dad! :eek: :D

A Podcast is a recording of a radio show or other audio file that is downloaded and played as an mp3. I listen to Podcasts from KFI AM 640's Leo Leport, he's a gadget guy. I used to do Podcasts of my radio show but it got to be too much of a pain.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Hey, watch that language or I'll tell your dad! :eek: :D

A Podcast is a recording of a radio show or other audio file that is downloaded and played as an mp3. I listen to Podcasts from KFI AM 640's Leo Leport, he's a gadget guy. I used to do Podcasts of my radio show but it got to be too much of a pain.
Ohh. ok. :D (don't tell my dad. :p )

·
Registered
974 Posts
My DJ friend does an online radio show every week and he podcasts the special guest. I have iTunes set up to automatically download the new podcasts as they are available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.