Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently put on some subzero's on my xb, they are 17' and gold. when i first put it on i had some griding problem with the rims and the rear control arms, the problem was soon solved by griding down part of the control arms. But now when i go up to 90+mph i experience a little bit of shaking and also a higher pitch noise from all the wheels. Is there anything i can do? putting a spacer, or a hub ring?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Well, in order to make sure it's all good and stuff, you gotta let us know about the offsets of the wheels.

Get us pics of what you had to do to your car so it all works. In my opinion, 'grinding' down pieces to make wheels work (especially control arms) is a BIG no no.

Unless you're on the track, there really is no reason to go above the posted speed limits ( I have done it a few times myself, mostly when I have to pass a moron on the highway) and to kinda check out stability of the car. I did it when no-one was around; meaning no-one on the road, so if I screwed myself over, it'd be just my life going to waste.

Anyways, if you're having shaking issues, it could be improper balance; tires aren't designed to go that fast; low/high pressure causing turbulence....Other factors included.

My opinion? Go get the balance looked at, make sure the tires are rated for good speeds, check the treadwear, and please get us pics. I feel you're on dangerous territory by damaging parts on your car.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Well, in order to make sure it's all good and stuff, you gotta let us know about the offsets of the wheels.

Get us pics of what you had to do to your car so it all works. In my opinion, 'grinding' down pieces to make wheels work (especially control arms) is a BIG no no.

Unless you're on the track, there really is no reason to go above the posted speed limits ( I have done it a few times myself, mostly when I have to pass a moron on the highway) and to kinda check out stability of the car. I did it when no-one was around; meaning no-one on the road, so if I screwed myself over, it'd be just my life going to waste.

Anyways, if you're having shaking issues, it could be improper balance; tires aren't designed to go that fast; low/high pressure causing turbulence....Other factors included.

My opinion? Go get the balance looked at, make sure the tires are rated for good speeds, check the treadwear, and please get us pics. I feel you're on dangerous territory by damaging parts on your car.
the grinding he's talking about is to a non crucial , non stressed part.

tires aren't designed to go that fast? they have tires that can go faster than 200 mph.

and It sounds like your wheels are not correctly balanced. as well as air pressure variances

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea if maybe one of the wheels has a slight bend in it, it would be un-noticable at lower speeds but show it self up around 90+. their right, you should never go past the posted speed limits >=]

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
the grinding he's talking about is to a non crucial , non stressed part.

tires aren't designed to go that fast? they have tires that can go faster than 200 mph.

and It sounds like your wheels are not correctly balanced. as well as air pressure variances

I'm aware they have tires that go to endless amount of speed. Some people get incredibly cheap, and I do mean cheap tires.

As far as the control arm thing.....I personally still wouldn't do it. Stress or not, it sounds important.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank u all so much for ur input..i will definitly look in to that. i think more or so is the tire balance. and yeah the little part that we gride off form the control arm was juss the excess little part...but yeah it's probbly a mistake. i will go check on that first thing in the morning..and pics will be up soon. you guys rock.!!!

btw...im sure u all know in this car u can't help to have some fun with it when its a 5 speed...even though it's probbly not a good ideal haha. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts