Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a major problem when i was working on my xb i broke the plastic wheel on my throttle body that holds the throttle cable so now that it is broke i can'T drive my xb and none of the junk yardsaround me have anything that will work and i cant get it from the dealer cause i would have to get a whole new throttle body and thats just way too much.. so does anyone know where i could get that piece maybe off a wrecked xb, xa, or even an echo... if anyone could help me i would really be greatful...

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Is it the same on the Echo or xA? That may be a good option at the junkyard/Pick and Pull.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Okay, yeah, expensive mistake there.

Anyway, I'll confirm that you can't buy the part seperately from Toyota. They only sell the complete throttle body as previously stated.

Good news is that the throttle body is the same on all Toyota Echos with a build date of August 1999 and up. It is the identical part number in the catalogue so it should work out if you can find a wreck.

-Alex

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you cant find one from a salvage yard I would get an aftermarket Throttle body! It may be cheaper than going to the dealer to buy a new one! Just my opinion tho! Remember even if you find one from a salvage yard It still may not perform the way its suppose to. At least with a new one you would get a warranty incase something went wrong with the part! Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a 1999 or 2000 echo has a metal wheel on it not the same i am not sure if it will work the same or not but i cant even find an echo in the junk yards around here..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.