Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just put a set of 18 inch wheels on this weekend on an xb i am not sure of the offset on the wheel but do i need to run spacers i have them on now and it's fine but i am nervous it is a little thick it is about this thick

| | actually a hair smaller do i need them at all or should a get a thiner spacer to be safe somthing about this thin || please anyone help i am a gut who worries about anything on my car thanks

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
umm try without the spacers cause wheel spacers like that can be unsafe and normally hurt rotational balance.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Can you show me some pic's. Need to see what your working with. Is this a bolt on spacer or?

·
Registered
672 Posts
hotbox05 said:
umm try without the spacers cause wheel spacers like that can be unsafe and normally hurt rotational balance.

Really? Damn, is there a safe way to get the wheels out then and flush with the fenders?

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
TattedXB said:
:D

was that link meant for me, or the original poster? :confused: :cool:
sorry man... it was for you... the otg spacer makes your rim/tire flush with the fenderwell... is that what you wanted?

aloha...jon

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
that or two companies make bolt on wheel spacers for xB's right now. h&r but theyre quite expensive and not into the scion community. or JDMpalace . sean makes em in any thickness , any bolt pattern and can make them with custom centerbores as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts
808envygreenXB said:
sorry man... it was for you... the otg spacer makes your rim/tire flush with the fenderwell... is that what you wanted?

aloha...jon

Ah, yes in deed, thanks Jon. These are safe too, right? Like on my box, which is my daily driver..? :)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
one ton garage are safe they go behind the rear hub and do not lessen the amount of usable lug threads like the regular cheapo wheel spacers do.

·
Registered
672 Posts
hotbox05 said:
one ton garage are safe they go behind the rear hub and do not lessen the amount of usable lug threads like the regular cheapo wheel spacers do.
Nice thank you, these fit both on the front and back wheel/axles, right? :)

Thanks again, man i've had my scion xb for 2 years now, been on "the other site" for over half that, and i still feel like a n00b, lol

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
ENVY_XB_#299 said:
i just put a set of 18 inch wheels on this weekend on an xb i am not sure of the offset on the wheel but do i need to run spacers i have them on now and it's fine but i am nervous it is a little thick it is about this thick

| | actually a hair smaller do i need them at all or should a get a thiner spacer to be safe somthing about this thin || please anyone help i am a gut who worries about anything on my car thanks
Okay, now back to this, what is too thick?? You're talking about having a clearance issue somewhere, right? Are you not clearing your caliper or is it in the back at the torsion beam?

Let us know on that and we can help you out.

-Alex

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
TattedXB said:
Nice thank you, these fit both on the front and back wheel/axles, right? :)

Thanks again, man i've had my scion xb for 2 years now, been on "the other site" for over half that, and i still feel like a n00b, lol
otg shims only fit and work for the rear.

·
Registered
672 Posts
hotbox05 said:
otg shims only fit and work for the rear.
Ah okay, what about the front then?

And yeah, sorry for sorta hi-jacking this thread, dont forget to answer the other guys stuff too! lol

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i answered his. lol

for the front if you want to do it correctly would be to buy bolt on wheel spacers. but it's probably easier to buy rims with the fit you want in the first place.

·
Registered
672 Posts
hotbox05 said:
i answered his. lol

for the front if you want to do it correctly would be to buy bolt on wheel spacers. but it's probably easier to buy rims with the fit you want in the first place.
I'm still getting all that stuff figured out, lol, thanks man.

what do you think of these, in black for a black xb? (18")

http://www.dragwheels.com/product.asp?ID=20

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i honestly do not like that wheel but it will work nicely. theyre like 18x7.5 wrong offset for easy flush fit.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Those ones are actually 18x7.

What would you recomend for a good flush fit then in the front?

Thanks again, :)

-jeff

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
for flush you gotta look up the offsets and for an 7-8 inch you want like 20-30 for flush. the rears need a lower offset or a wider wheel.

companies that make wider better offset wheels are ; work , ssr , sportmax , axis , racing heart , eco , and many many more. if you like more traditional styled "american" tuner wheels maybe the bolt on wheel spacers would work better for you. all depends how flush you want as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I suppose i could always get the wheels i want first, then worry about that, I dunno..thanks man, its appriciated :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts