Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty! I want a wood grain molded dash (stereo console thing). I bought some vinyl, but it didn't cover it all the way. I want like a hard plastic cover. Also matching window control covers as well. I would really like some help. I can't find this thing anywhere!!!!

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts
Seen a couple of these on yja a couple months ago...

Sent from somewhere you've never seen before using tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been looking at the carid ones, wasn't sure if they were a perfect fit. I just looked on eBay, and again not sure if it'll be a perfect fit. I already have a carbon fiber cover. And the cheap vinyl I bought just to see how it looked, didn't cover up all of it. There were spaces where you could still see the carbon fiber.

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts
I've been looking at the carid ones, wasn't sure if they were a perfect fit. I just looked on eBay, and again not sure if it'll be a perfect fit. I already have a carbon fiber cover. And the cheap vinyl I bought just to see how it looked, didn't cover up all of it. There were spaces where you could still see the carbon fiber.

Most if not all of them will have spacing. Some better or worse than others. Hydro dipping is your best option for the best quality results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most if not all of them will have spacing. Some better or worse than others. Hydro dipping is your best option for the best quality results.

I don't know anybody that hydrodips here in league city, Texas

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
most hydrodipping places charge by how big your item is, i think the local one here in WA charges $200 for a full dash dipping

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Do it yourself, I bought a kit from
http://www.mydipkit.com/index.html

I'll be posting some pics later, so far I've primed and base coated the parts I'm doing. Hydro dipping tomorrow or Monday. Watch the videos on YouTube. Easy to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts