Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellers,

Im looking to buy a CF hood for the box this holiday season. I have scoured the threads, and I have narrowed my decision down to two: the Seibon SC style, and the Bbist vented hood. The links are below. I know both companies produce some "grade A chit" when it comes to hoods, so I know quality wont be the issue, I just cant decide which one I like better. I know you're gonna say "its up to you dude, its your box" which I totally agree with. I just want some input from fellow Xb'ers. Honestly, the Bbist one is "slightly" my favorite, but my only issue with it is that you won't be able to see the vents until you're right on top of it, i.e. it might just look like a normal CF hood from someone traveling opposite from you down the road. Help me out guys!

Seibon SC style:
http://www.seiboncarbon.com/pdut_detail_pic.asp?ItemID=477

Bbist vented:
http://www.bbist.com/bBist xB Carbon Fiber Vented Hood (2).JPG
another view of the Bbist:
http://www.bbist.com/bBist xB Carbon Fiber Vented Hood (1).JPG

thanks!!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
i like the carbon creations one..itgs a CF OEM hood i like it goood fit and its built to last

·
Registered
45 Posts
Of the two your down to I like the Seiboncarbon myself, but its your ride you should do what you feel:)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I would have to go with the bbist vented. Because it is a different look, but not crazy different. I personally enjoy the things that set you apart without putting you on the other side of the table.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I"ll be the judge of that!

bbist is cooler, more modern style, it'll still look good while driving !these boxes don't go that fast, there for rollin' slow! lol:p

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well....since you dont hace a v-8 with a blower, you should go with the bbist..hood..kuz i think it would add alot of detail to your car the other one will make your xb look like you are trying too hard to make your car look fast....

i vote for the bbist for the 2006 election!:D

·
Registered
869 Posts
i think that one would be way better, because where the vent is located would allow more heat from the engine to escape thus, helping performance.....AND you probably wont have to worry about water getting in the intake (if you have one)......well if you live in cali you wont have to worry about it:D well i live in washington and you all have probably heard about the fludding that went on here....:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
hey thanks for the input every body!!! and to answer a question about price: there both about the same... oh, and I am leaning toward the Bbist...I like what was said about rolling slow and not trying to hard to make it look fast...I wish I could find a pic of a Box with the SC hood.....

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm partial to the bBist double vented cf hood myself.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
zee whiz

check thundergods profile he has a seibon hood or look uder RS1's unite or RS1 registry his hot lava has that hood :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.