Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so freakin pissed!!! :mad: I went to Hot Import Nights the other day, and came home to find out the driver side doors were scratched!!! :eek: It look like it started from the rear door traveling to the driver side door and somehow did an "S" shape. I tried using "Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound", I tried it on a couple of inches of the scratch and it seemed like the Salsa Red paint was fading to white, and so I stopped using it.

Would like to know what I can do to fix this scratch???:confused: Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
That really sucks. ppl just have no respect.
There are a few brands of scratch removers out there but only really work for very light scratches. You have to rub lightly or they will only scratch it more. If the scratch goes through the clearcoat into the color layer I haven't had any luck with any of them. Rubbing compound is way too abrasive. If a cleaner polish wont take it out then I don't think anything will. If you have $0 deductible on your comp. Ins. just have it painted. If it was vandalized it's covered. If you have a deduct. like $250.00. Check for cost before you file a claim as it may cost less then your deductible.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Use this as time to get that striping you've always wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.