Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, im planning to buy a touch up paint for my xB at the dealers tomorrow and doing some sanding on the lower front bumper. how many grit should i get? i know that the scrape is just minor but i want to make it to look nice. here is a pic of it...

·
Registered
126 Posts
thats kinda big area for dealer touch up paint you might need to spray an area that big some paint supply companies can make factory colors in a rattle can or a quick fix could be to use vinyl stripping around the bottom of the bumper

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
just wait till it gets worse and take the lip off, take it to a body shop and have them paint it. Touch-up paint on an area that big will look like ****.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. yeah, i guess i have to wait till i learn how to parelle park better. clear bra guy, that gave me some ideas, hehe. do you guys think that putting sticker over it would do the job?

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is what I did:
Cheap way...............
1. buy scratch x and rub that stuff over the scratched areas. This of course, will not take out the scuffs, but it kind of cleans it and polishes thing up a bit.

2. Get the touch up paint and try to put it on as evenly as possible. It might look like crap, but once dried, the paint actually kinds of shrinks and ends up being more flush.

3. Once tried. Take 1000 grit and light lightly sand the areas flat. Then take 2000 grit and sand/polish down some more.

4. used scratch x and polish the heck out of the area.

Tried to keep it all in the areas of the blemishes.

It's not going to look perfect, but it will make things look less noticeable until your ready to really get it done from the shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.