Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't tell me that I should do these things myself becuase Iknow Is hould, but the price is alwasy good....but this time it cost me something.....

I took my box to Longo for an oil change....................took about 20 minutes...........................when I picked up the car.....................inspected it.........................

THEY CURBED MY RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it!

But they said they would take care of everything, but man............

I guess either I'm going to change it myself in the future, or everytime I take it tothe dealer, I'm going to have to switch out the rims...........

I'm pissed.....................

WHat a day......

ok.................deep breath......

I'mn pissed!

ROg

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I would be pissed too!! That isn't cool at all!!

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
daaaaamn that sucks dude. sorry to hear. good thing they're taking care of it least. (what exactly does that entail however??)

guess a good lesson to everyone to give your car a look-over after you take it anywhere for service

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Hmmm........

Makes you wonder about what happens behind the scenes.......... :confused:

It's okay to take your vehicle to the dealer for things you would rather not do. I make it a point to show them things that I've done on my own (scratches, dings, etc.), then when they're finished we go over it together. So far, no problems. How soon 'til they "take care" of you?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...

I know three of the guys that work there and have never had any problems since purchasing, but they rotate the drivers that take the care to and from the service area and the drop off/pick up and it's never the same people.

There was yellow paint imbedded around the curbed areas of the rim that matches the paint fron the speed bumps. Some of the bumps are high and not rounded but square so it must have happened while the guy drove it laterally or perpendicularly to it.

They're going to have it repaired first and if that doesn't work, then they will get a new rim (3 month wait.....) If they want to repair it, I'll probably just take it to Mag Masters and have them do it.

The thing is, my rims are the 15" Works. They have a stepped lip and sticks out farther than the tire. The 205/50 give it some stretch....

Even with these 15's....things happen..!

I don't know how you guys and gals with the 18's and 35 series tires do it....carefully!

and thanks all for the encouragment....much appreciated!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
youthinasia said:
I don't know how you guys and gals with the 18's and 35 series tires do it....carefully!

I have two light curb marks on my 18's that shouldn't be there. I know how you feel. I did them myself, so it's not quite the same.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Dew said:
daaaaamn that sucks dude. sorry to hear. good thing they're taking care of it least. (what exactly does that entail however??)

guess a good lesson to everyone to give your car a look-over after you take it anywhere for service
Yeah, that just sux @$$! Glad they are taking care of it.

And Dew is right, make sure you check over your vehicle cuz you just never know with these people servicing your car.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Whenever I take my car to the Dealer, which isn't often, I watch them drive my car around to the bay area. Even though I don't have rims, I know how you feel. It's your baby, and you don't want anything to happen to it that you don't do. Oil changes at the dealership are the best, they use the right oils, and do the job right. Although, yes it is easy to change it yourself, why not just spend the few bucks and let them do it?

I hope they repair that wheel better than new, and give them a piece of your mind if they don't do it anytime soon!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
This makes me want be the Official Scion xB Attorney.

I'm only licensed in Texas, but I would be glad to help anyone on here, so let me know.

Hubbard

·
Registered
193 Posts
Padanky said:
I have two light curb marks on my 18's that shouldn't be there. I know how you feel. I did them myself, so it's not quite the same.
i did it too...trying to get a really good parking space at work...and i have 18's...since then i don't mind walking

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I feel for you! Longo scratched my box on both sides when they did my Sirius install and oil change!!

It wasn't bad and I didn't let them fix it bc Id have to leave my box in CA so I used scratch stuff and fixed it pretty much. It was still wrong tho!!

Good luck I hope they fix it up soon!

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
that's exactly what happened to one of mine Pete, only one luckily, but still sucks :mad:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I have to say the following

Longo Scion and Toyota is one upstanding dealership. It's no wonder they have the highest ranking in the world.

They got me a brand new rim....in record time......one week.....not the 3 months. I am in awe................

They were so appoligetic to the point of sickness, and I think everyone in the service department knew what had happened because a whole lot of them came to look at the car and the wheel.

lesson: when going to dealer for service.........switch out to stocks....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.