Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally going to paint my dash trim and such this weekend. Kinda curious what pieces I am going to do. If you have pics of yours, post them please so I can get idea how some would look painted. I know what I want to do for sure, there's just some pieces that I cant see it looking decent if i painted it. haha.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Here is my interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow I like the back door!! Thanks!!

Also, did you sand it, primer it then do the coats then clear coat it? That's the route I was told, but I hear so many different ways...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
All you have to do is mask off what you don't want painted and then Scuff the rest with a light Scotch Brite. Then paint a few light coats till covered then Clear a couple. Or you can use 600 grit wet sanding paper. I prefer scotch brite.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I used a Air sander "DA" w/ 180grt sand paper and sanded away the texture very carefully. It was a pain, lots of masking off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Padanky said:
Here is my interior.
I love it.. unfortunately most of us aren't privy to a body shop with a spray gun... Can the same results be had with aerosol base + clear with proper prep?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
cz3ch said:
I love it.. unfortunately most of us aren't privy to a body shop with a spray gun... Can the same results be had with aerosol base + clear with proper prep?
I have seen some very nice aerosol jobs around. I guess just don't rush it, the clear will be most important, don't run it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Skeeter said:
Padanky's doors are done!!!! looks bad assss
Not completely done, but thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here's a pic of some of mine:

LOL Kristina, I know you've seeen it before but really I think you should only paint the ring part of the speedometer, like Padanky's, anything that's silver & the knobs. I'm not sure how you can do the steering wheel piece though, I hear it's tough...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
DodgerGirl said:
Here's a pic of some of mine:

LOL Kristina, I know you've seeen it before but really I think you should only paint the ring part of the speedometer, like Padanky's, and anything that's silver. I'm not sure how you can do the steering wheel piece though, I hear it's tough...
Damn girl, those baseball knobs are supa trick! That's the kind of creativity I dig.

For the steering wheel you have to remove it and mask off or break off the pieces and then try to glue them back on.

·
Registered
546 Posts
those are some pretty pimp knobs:cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Damn girl, those baseball knobs are supa trick! That's the kind of creativity I dig.

For the steering wheel you have to remove it and mask off or break off the pieces and then try to glue them back on.
Thanks for the compliment on the knobs.... the idea hit me when I seen someone's knobs painted white and said, gee that would look so hot w/baseball sticthes!!! I have so many other lil ideas, just need to find a way to execute them.

As for the steering wheel, I was thinking of getting some white vinyl to put over those pesky pieces... I'm not down w/removing the steering wheel and the masking thing is dangerous, lol!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.