Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on SL and I figured I'd share it with you guy to. :)

Got the wheels from a friend of mine for a steal ($300), got the tires for $420, hub centric rings ($18.) and lug nuts ($25). Then got raped on have them mounted and balanced ($80) But I want it done properly so it wouldn't Harlem Shake on the highway so it is what it is. Not too bad for a total of $843! :)

Here's the run down:

Sportmax 006's 18x7.5 ET +38

Yokohama AS430's (225/40/18 )

Hotchkis Springs

OTG 10mm rear shims

HEAVY @$$ Speaker box (probably 100 lbs)

Rubbing:

Rubs on the front a little on lock turns and really hard bumps. (fixing that with a hammer later on tomorrow :) )

Rubs on the rear passenger side on hard bumps and if there is a passenger in the back it rubs on every bump. lol There was only a small spot that we found that rubbed and fixed that....we think. Probably going to roll the fenders a little in the rear just to be safe. But I'm good for now because no one is going to be riding in the rear. :)

I was told WAY ahead of time they would rub but I like the tire size and I knew I could stop it so I didn't care. lol Enjoy!

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Sweel deal on those 006, wished I'd come across a deal like that.
Lovin it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good with your new wheels.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweel deal on those 006, wished I'd come across a deal like that.
Lovin it.

I'm lucky that I have a friend that likes to change wheels every 6 months or so. lol If he trades his xB on the new 08 xB I may be buying a set of Sportmax 504's 18X8's. But I'll be paying alot more for those I'm sure. lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
wow those look nice. of all the sportmax's i've seen post on here, that's probably the nicest i like. looks similar to some 3 piece babies i wish would come in a 4x100 pattern.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Real Nice Wheels !

I tell ya, ya get a nice deal on wheels, then you shop around and find tyres at a very affordable price, get your lugs, caps, etc....... Then ya gotta get 'em mounted, and like you said, you get raped but what can-ya do ??? :eek: Been there.....:cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Looks nice. 80 bucks isn't that bad for a good shop to mount and balance the tires and rims. You can pay less but a lot of times you'll have some nicks on your rims as a reminder that "you get what you pay for".

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice wheels, I do like the mesh. By the way, what is done to your tails??

Looks nice. 80 bucks isn't that bad for a good shop to mount and balance the tires and rims. You can pay less but a lot of times you'll have some nicks on your rims as a reminder that "you get what you pay for".
That's why I'm happy the father-in-law owns a mechanics shop, free to use and no nick in rims because I do it myself :) and parts at cost :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys.

looks good, you have to do something with those tail lights though :rolleyes:
Yeah I do but I like them WAY better than the stock white. They're just painted inside that's all. I'm looking for a set of tail I like right now. Not a big fan of the LED's but kind of diggin the Helix style. We'll see

surfcitylocal said:
This is very true and that's the only reason I didn't freak out. My problem is/was I've been using the same shop for years and it's never been $80. Ehh what's done is done and I'm happy over all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts