Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I don't think I'll sleep until then, ha ha. Thought about waiting for the new 08's but I don't like the looks at all. I went to the local (still over an hour away) dealership and they had an 06 rs 4.0 on the lot. I drove it for about 20 minutes and the girlfriend and I were hooked! I'm glad I got this one before the new models hit. I'm 31 and this is my 5th new car but for some reason I'm very excited about the box. I've never been into customizing much before. Now I'm already planning a DVD player and sunroof install. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Congrats!I love mine! What is the release number? :D Don't forget to post pic when you pic it up!

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
can't wait to see it & i love the mods you have planned already.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome to the extreme mod bug.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm...not sure which number it is. I know it's over 2000 though. It's funny, I'm trading in a 4x4 truck and planned on lowering my monthly bills with the xB. Then I started seeing all the parts available...this thing might end up costing me more!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, here are the pics. I borrowed my girlfriend's camera but neither of us are photography experts. I tried to photograph the limited edition plate on the inside, but I couldn't get a legible pic because of the glare.

This little car is so much fun! I have to drive over a mountain on the way to work every day, and I was shocked when the xB climbed it in 5th gear. I had to downshift my last truck even with 265 HP. The Scion continues to impress me. Sometimes I think Toyota lied about the power numbers. Also, my car payment, insurance, tires, and gas all dropped. I'm saving at least $100 a month now. Other than the RS package, I also had them install a center armrest, cruise control, and the Enkei wheels.

The in-dash DVD player gets installed a week from Saturday and they'll also be installing the sub and tweeters from my last ride. I think I'll leave the rest of the factory speakers for now. Does anyone know if the steering wheel controls or Ipod jack will work with an aftermarket head unit?

Along with the stereo install, I'm also getting the front two windows tinted to match the rears. A local company installs sunroofs but I can't decide if I want them to cut the roof or not. They've done work for me before and I trust 'em, but I'm nervous about this one. I may pass on that. I'll be broke for a few months anyway, until the savings from the new car start building up. :)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/smokeydadog/Picture074.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/smokeydadog/Picture073.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/smokeydadog/Picture072.jpg

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Nice, welcome to ClubxB

I didn’t care for this color when it came out, but it’s really starting to grow on me. ;)

Sounds like some sweet mods you’ve got planned.

A word of advice on the sunroof. Putting one in an xB can be tricky; I’ve heard some real horror stories. I would recommend finding some folks in your area that have had them installed already for some feedback. Also, if you’re tall some sunroofs (like mine) can take away a bit of head room. And of course make sure your shop stands behind they’re work.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's not exactly a pretty color, just different. That's what I like about it. Actually I don't think it's a pretty vehicle either. I just couldn't stand to drive another boring sedan like everyone else. The appeal is in the practicality and uniqueness. <-- is that even a word?

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on the sunroof. I don't like the idea of some guy hacking a hole in my car, especially with that paint job. The little bottle of touch-up paint is $20 as opposed to $7 for the standard colors. I don't even want to know what a quart of that stuff would cost.

I looked at your gallery...awesome lights. I like doing that kind of stuff, but don't have the time and patience anymore. That must have taken forever to wire everything up!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
WOOHOO another RS4 owner!!!! Congrat and welcome to your new addiction, hope your wallet can handle the addiction.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ack, I'm just a lowly state worker! My budget isn't big enough! Although I can post my paypal info for anyone who wants to donate... :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I looked at your gallery...awesome lights. I like doing that kind of stuff, but don't have the time and patience anymore. That must have taken forever to wire everything up!
Thanks!
I’m lucky; our club president is a mechanic and did all the wiring for me.

Whenever we get bored we try to figure out where to put more. . . which reminds me I need to get more updated shots. :p

Congrats again on the new box! Take care of her; she's a real collector’s item. :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
WOOHOO another RS4 owner!!!! Congrat and welcome to your new addiction, hope your wallet can handle the addiction.
Skeeter.Your post had me wondering how many RS 4.0s we have on the site?Any idea? 5,6,7?

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
holy wheel gap batman!! [oh how i remember those days :D]

congrats on the new ride.
now that your saving $100 a month, thats $1200 a year you can afford in mods right off the bat. go crazy!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
holy wheel gap batman!! [oh how i remember those days :D]
True, but I'm in it for the cheap tires. Two of my past cars had 17's, and since I live in the mountains I had to buy new tires once a year. $500+ a year in tires, yeesh!

These cars sure have a lot of space under the front seats. I'm putting in an inverter and a modded Xbox eventually and I think that's where it will go. My lunch hours may start running a little long after that...

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
you can keep your same size tires and reduce the wheel gap if you want to.

i was thinking the same thing with the xbox. but im not a big gamer so i decided against it. its a good idea tho. they also make sub enclosures you can put under your sear. and a number of others that save all the cargo room for... cargo i suppose. -=]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you can keep your same size tires and reduce the wheel gap if you want to.

i was thinking the same thing with the xbox. but im not a big gamer so i decided against it. its a good idea tho. they also make sub enclosures you can put under your sear. and a number of others that save all the cargo room for... cargo i suppose. -=]
By lowering?

I already have a rather big JL Audio 10" in a Q-Logic box, so I'll just set that behind the seats. It will take up cargo space, but I can always unplug it and take it out should I need to. That's what I did with my old extended cab truck when I went camping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would stay very far away from a Sunroof. And even if I did do one, I would only get a folding canvas one like on the old Vwbugs... Much less complicated and they don't leak like the moon roofs do. No motor or electrical wiring to worry about either.

As far as the color.. I kinda like it. The only thing that came to my mind was what happens 2-3 years or longer down the road if you get a fender bender.. Then what? Where the hell are you going to get that paint again and even if you did find it, how the hell are you going to be able to match it??

Not sure if the value is there in the amount of money you needed to pay extra to get the RS4.

Just my .02

ANd congrats on the purchase.. Its a wonderful car.. I am stunned that they are stopping production and producing that cow looking thing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, as a fellow 4.0 owner, I can say you wont be disappointed! As far as retaining the steering wheel controls, yes, they can be integrated with most aftermarket headunits with the use of an additional module. As far as the "Ipod" input, a lot of the aftermarket headunits have Ipod interfaces available so you can control the Ipod right from the new radio, and they'll keep the unit charged also. I have mine run into my glove box so I don't have to worry about it being out in the open when I get out and don't want to take it with. And, I can controll it all through the controls on my Alpine IVA-W200.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.