Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Photo shop help fender skirts

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  BoomBox 
#1 ·
Now that my exhaust is done now I want to build some fender skirts.I would like some ideas what would look good not just strait across.

Thanks,Scott

See less See more
#3 ·
It sounds kind of *****:rolleyes: ,not as deep as I wanted.But not as loud as the 3 1/2" open side pipes I made for the S-10 I had.Going for that old Skool/Rat Rod look.

Scott

#5 ·
So you have a 4 cyl with 8 exhaust exits. I like the Idea, just think maybe too small of piping, and maybe only one side. It is a rat rod idea so the simplest way is always the best way.

Great concept though, not trying to bash to give 0.02

#7 ·
#8 ·
Nothing personal,Not my speed if you know what I mean.I tried bigger pipes they really looked out of place.

Scott

#9 ·
Props for doing something different. Great to see someone go a different route with their exhaust aesthetically. Lot of respect for that.

I'm not a fan of it, but personally, I think its tough to pull retro styling with xBs. I'd be curious to see what your setup would look like if it were chromed or you used stainless pipes instead of (I assume) black, and I think it'd pull together better if you had those exiting behind the front tires. Fumes would suck but I think it looks a little out of place.

Consider some bubble skirts so they follow the contour of the fenders. Not sure how they'd look as a finished product, but probably a good bet it'll look more OEM than plain, flat, straight acrossed skirts.

Good job.

#10 ·
Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Thought you'd kinda like the side pipes.

#11 ·
The pipes are EMT I painted them black becouse I didnt like the galvinized(?SP?) If I can get them Chromed or powder coated cheap enough I might.The stainless idea aint bad.But I'm cheap all this was picked up from work.;)

Scott

#14 ·
You could probably pick up some stainless tips just a little larger than what you have now, large enough to sleeve them over the black pipes and weld them. I know muffler shops usually offer stainless pipes/tips as well as chrome, black, etc..

It doesn't really fit into your theme, it's more old school than 'rod, but I'd kinda like to see what an xB would look like done classy old school with a continental kit..

#18 ·
I dont understand what you mean unless you mean fender skirts?
They will cover the top half of the wheel to give it a really tucked look.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.