Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into dressing my engine up for the show season and saw a fuel rail and some other carious parts from Perrin. Just wondered what everyone thought of the Fuel Rail, Crank Pulley, and the SRI system they offer...thakns

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Misterflipper said:
Im looking into dressing my engine up for the show season and saw a fuel rail and some other carious parts from Perrin. Just wondered what everyone thought of the Fuel Rail, Crank Pulley, and the SRI system they offer...thakns

I have and highly recommend the pulley, It won't help you win any shows because you can't see it. Unless you go over your car with the judge, then you can tell him it is there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
clearbraguy has the fuel rail :)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm up in the air about the pulley. Some say you loose the ability to downshift for slowing down. But it is an easy install.

I would only do the fuel rail if you're going FI, and changing out your injectors. Sure, having better flow is advantageous, but sometimes a few other mods need to be done for it to work to its capacities. You'll also need to cut the cut near the rail for it to fit.

I don't like the design of the SRI. This is just my opinion and not based on any "expert" opinion. It sits behind the grille and suck air from the engine compartment. And even though its made of silicon hose, and some say it will never collapse, I wonder if it'll collapse on itself. Or if it does even slightly, how does that effect the turbulence and what the MAF reads?

·
Registered
949 Posts
i have both the fuel rail and the pulley and you have to cut some of the valve cover that little ear that the old fuel rail runs through but it's worth it they look soooooooooo much better then that big old black thing scion calls a fuel rail...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
As Squirrel said, don't you have to change out the injectors and get fuel/air mixture controller if you use the fuel rail? Or is that just if you want to get the most out of it?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
As Squirrel said, don't you have to change out the injectors and get fuel/air mixture controller if you use the fuel rail? Or is that just if you want to get the most out of it?
You can run the fuel rail by itself, but to get its full advantage, I would also update a few other items of interest.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
squirrel said:
You can run the fuel rail by itself, but to get its full advantage, I would also update a few other items of interest.
Gotcha! Good for looks, better if other stuff added. Thanks.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
squirrel said:

You definatly need a few items to use a high flow fuel rail.

I modded my ex g/f's civic.
I installed intake got a lil power,
Header got a lil more, 52mm bbk throttle body, Lost power,
Fuel presure regulator, Venom fuel rail, helped,

As soon as I did the Venom 10% over fuel injectors eveything fell together and it felt awsome (for a 1.6 Sohc)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
squirrel said:
I'm up in the air about the pulley. Some say you loose the ability to downshift for slowing down. But it is an easy install.

I would only do the fuel rail if you're going FI, and changing out your injectors. Sure, having better flow is advantageous, but sometimes a few other mods need to be done for it to work to its capacities. You'll also need to cut the cut near the rail for it to fit.

I don't like the design of the SRI. This is just my opinion and not based on any "expert" opinion. It sits behind the grille and suck air from the engine compartment. And even though its made of silicon hose, and some say it will never collapse, I wonder if it'll collapse on itself. Or if it does even slightly, how does that effect the turbulence and what the MAF reads?
How do you loose the ability to downshift by changing out the pulley?

·
Registered
144 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
How do you loose the ability to downshift by changing out the pulley?
when you downshift like on corners it won't slow you down as much....but that's why they invented brakes :D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Ok, I now have in my possession the PERRIN fuel rail, pulley, hose kit, and oil catch can. I will take pics of the parts prior to installation, and will try to get pics will doing the install.

And are you all sitting down for this?

I know I have made comments in the past about my uncertainty about the oil catch can. I was wrong. Yes, I do admit when I am wrong, and I AM WRONG.

The oil catch can is very nice, and will not collapse upon itself. I made comments before about my reservations about it collapsing, and the way it is made, it should not.

PERRIN makes some very quality parts for Scions!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
squirrel said:
Ok, I now have in my possession the PERRIN fuel rail, pulley, hose kit, and oil catch can. I will take pics of the parts prior to installation, and will try to get pics will doing the install.

And are you all sitting down for this?

I know I have made comments in the past about my uncertainty about the oil catch can. I was wrong. Yes, I do admit when I am wrong, and I AM WRONG.

The oil catch can is very nice, and will not collapse upon itself. I made comments before about my reservations about it collapsing, and the way it is made, it should not.

PERRIN makes some very quality parts for Scions!
You were wrong, wrong I tell ya'. J/K, Have fun.

·
Registered
949 Posts
ok so with the fuel rail aluminum flywheel cam controller and that i went from like 34 mpg to almost 27 mpg did anyone else get that from they fuel rail install?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
1LowXB said:
ok so with the fuel rail aluminum flywheel cam controller and that i went from like 34 mpg to almost 27 mpg did anyone else get that from they fuel rail install?
I'll let you know soon shortly.

Or at least when its stops raining!!!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
*watching thread* :cool:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
BoxerRebellion said:
Anything to report, Squirrel? :)
Not yet, just getting over being sick.

I need to switch out the fitting w/ the gas line, and the end plug. Whoever assembled it, out them on the wrong ends. I don't have a vise here so I need to hit up my buddy's shop.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.