Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the best car you can get which has a great balance of tech, finishes and quality inside but also gives you good performance, runs smooth, and will last?
I’ve had a lot of my friends go and say Kia Stinger but was the xd opinion?

·
Registered
197 Posts
What’s the best car you can get which has a great balance of tech, finishes and quality inside but also gives you good performance, runs smooth, and will last?
I’ve had a lot of my friends go and say Kia Stinger but was the xd opinion?
First of all, anything Kia/ Hyundai won't last. You may get 100k miles ( mostly highway driven) but quality? Forget about it. They're not like Toyota/Honda which can do 200k 300k miles easy. If you want to keep it a short short time then go Kia or the Nissan Maxima- other than that- in this economy get your money's worth- a V6 Toyota Camry TRD would do nicely. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
When people think disposable car, they are thinking of a Kia. I inherited my xB from a buddy and his wife, with 150k on the clock, and it's still kicking. Her Kia suv rolled 130k and had to have major engine work done. They are like Dodge Neons, some can be good, but most were rode hard and put away wet, leading to early death. If I could pick up anything, recently I'm digging the Toyota Mirai. Hydrogen fueled vehicle, that has a lot of possibility. Most people are either talking trash about it using Hydrogen or prognosticating that it will never work due to delivery of Hydrogen like we do with gasoline. I say screw that, build a hydrogen generator and concentrator at home, and fuel your vehicle while you eat dinner at home. You won't need an extra tank to hold your hydrogen, just fill the tank in the car. Having a tank ready and waiting to dump into the car would be nice, but not necessary. That would be a luxury for a quick fill the tank in a rush scenario. I'm running late and forgot to fuel the car, use the emergency 5 lb tank of hydrogen for a quick refill. My buddy thinks it's all pipedreams, saying the Oil Companies will fight it tooth and nail. I say, no one has to know what I'm doing in the privacy of my own damn garage, and if I'm playing Mad Scientist splitting water to make hydrogen, then it's not your concern till I blow up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts