Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's Texas (which I am new to) or if it's my xB (which I am also new to) but people seem to tailgate more than what I'm used to which is so lame because they don't leave themselves enough room if I have to brake suddenly or something.

Like today, there was this Benz that was tailgating me and then going on the next lane to try to pass but then being unable to pass tailgating me again. When we came to a 4 way stop, I started accelerating as usual, and this person comes up on the next lane to pass me which is when went to full boost on my turbo and the Benz also accelerated and tried to overtake me but couldn't. It sure felt good! But after getting to 70mph on a 45mph zone I slowed down and they just turned off a side street so I couldn't show them my nice big smile. Oh well, I'm sure they didn't feel too good about being wasted by an xB. :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I know this problem is more prevalent in big cities like L.A. but there's still no excuse for it! Those people royally pi$$ me off. I also got tailgated a bunch of times on the way home tonight. Wanted to slam on my brakes but then I snapped back to reality, "No! Don't hurt my baby!!"

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I really hate it, I would hate to get my hatch smashed. I'm to much of a lead foot, it doesn't happen to often. Just at stop lights, they pull up real close.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And the thing is, if I'm going slow, I'll definitely be on the right lane but even then you have people tailgating. When I'm going fast and am on the left lane, why can't they just pass on the other lane instead of riding your butt...or just keep their distance. I always want to teach these people a lesson with my turbo, but the only problem is you never know if it's some crazy person with a gun or something.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
yeah! i have this problem too, and i tried to ignore them. i was going 40mph on a 35mph street and people kept tailgating me. i heard that you can brake suddenly just to scare them a little so they would stay backer. next time, i will try that method.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I've also noticed that people tend to tailgate my box more than any other car I've had, I don't get it. Don't hate, you coulda had one!!

When I had my mini-truck, a friend hooked up a box with 4 momentary switches connected to all the lights. When someone did get too close, I'd just hit the button connected to the brake lights, and then crack up as their front end nose dived as they were braking to keep from hitting me! I just stayed on the gas, then would push all they buttons and give 'em a light show!! Thinking about hooking them up to the box...........

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
bB626 said:
LOL! Dion, that gave me an idea. that could possibly be my next mod. :D
It's really easy, 4 switches, a pc box and a tester. Radio Shack has everything you need! I had them in the following order:

1st (left side) - blinker
2nd - brake
3rd - Reverse
4th (right side) - blinker

You can also make cars move by alternating the blinkers when you're behind them, but don't get caught!

·
Registered
191 Posts
What grinds my gears is when people tailgate me in the slow lane on the highway when the passing lane is perfectly open for their convinence it's like people like going out of their way to be jazzholes

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I notice it too, but then I think about how I've always had a truck before this. So it leads me to belive thatit's just maybe an optical illusion. I will get upset when I think someone is on my ass, then I look in my side mirrors and see that they aren't so close as I thought. I think it's cuz the window sits so high and your rear is straight up and down. JMO:D

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
tailgaters of me get:

A) Windshield Wiper Fluid on their car
B) The finger
C) Brake Check

depending on the situation, they get all 3. Its not like someone is going to be going faster than me anyway, but if they are, Im always in the right lane. i hate cell phone drivers, makeup applicators (women puttin on whatever), and readers (newspaper). put your crap down for a while and drive; my car is worth more than your life! :D

haha

·
Registered
212 Posts
first tailgaters get a brake check as a warning, after that I result to the finger, after that, we can pull over and talk the matter over (this has only happened to me twice, and b/c of it, theres two gas stations in Jacksonville I'm no longer allowed at :( :D )

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
haha that IS saying alot :D

I also think people seem to get closer to the box since there's no bed or trunk or anything forcing them to be further away from the back window.

What really pisses me off is when the big-ass lifted trucks are tailgating me. For one, I can't see anything because their headlights are at my eye level. For another if they do actually hit me, they're plowing straight into the backseat of the car, the bumper won't do sh!t !!

That switch box is hilarious Dion, what a great idea. I may have to invest in something like that in the future

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.