Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just curious if with a intake/ header/ exhaust setup will i pass inspection?
would you be able to pass inspection with a supercharger or turbo ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
in california yes if the exaust and header have a CARB #

intake does not require on if all the sensor is in place

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
scionbox123 said:
in california yes if the exaust and header have a CARB #

intake does not require on if all the sensor is in place
So if I put a CAI on it doesn't need anything other than the sensors being in place. Do the CAI kits come with all the required stuff? That San Diego Police video we were looking at a while back said that the intake was illegal...I'm confused. :confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
there is nothing illegal about the intake... they are just trying to scared you..

intake has nothing to do with emission.. if you get pulled over tell the cop to **** off and say the intake is scion intake.. just put a scion sticker on it.

if he give you a fixing ticket... take his ass to court and you will win

·
Registered
485 Posts
scionbox123 said:
there is nothing illegal about the intake... they are just trying to scared you..

intake has nothing to do with emission.. if you get pulled over tell the cop to **** off and say the intake is scion intake.. just put a scion sticker on it.

if he give you a fixing ticket... take his ass to court and you will win
yeah take the ticket and go to court.. you'll win for sure... just dont tell the cop to **** off lol. i have a close friend who was pulled over and required to raise the hood. so he did and the cop pointed out like 3 things that were "illegal". so my friend pointed at a few parts of the car and said "do you know whats that is?". The cop had no clue about any of the things inside the vehicle. so my friend "how the **** can you give me a ticket for what you think is illegal if you dont know $h!t about cars?". Obviously the cop got pissed and wrote a ticket for that lol. Long story short, he took it to court and won over the ticket about the car, everything was fine (including intake), but he did have to pay the fine for being an ass to the cop. just try to tell the cop its a scion part and if he still is not convinced take it to court and dont be rude...you'll win.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.