Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up everybody. I am looking to seal, putty and paint my rear side doors and panel out the windows. Looking to hear from anyone who has done this already or anyone with some helpful feedback on how to get started on this. Hit me back with some ideas please. Thanks!

·
Registered
869 Posts
well i hope you are damn good with the wood....i would look at the old woody's from back in the day for some isparation huh?...see how they are done.....and remember keep it tasteful.....dont go overboard......and use the right wheels.....like a classic style rim.....like kragers<~~~(i think i spelled that right)or something like that....go with big rims!.....none of that 15" stuff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hey, what's up Brad! Yeah it's something I have been wanting to do since I saw a couple XB's done like that. The cool thing is that they were both black. There was one in the SEMA pics from Tim and then there is this one. I LOVE this one---> http://www.justinhampton.com/news.scioncar.html . I got a grip of crazy ass ideas. This is just the begining. Hopefully I can find some info. I am going to talk to the family but I was getting restless and needed to post something up.

·
Registered
515 Posts
polarproject said:
well i hope you are damn good with the wood....i would look at the old woody's from back in the day for some isparation huh?...see how they are done.....and remember keep it tasteful.....dont go overboard......and use the right wheels.....like a classic style rim.....like kragers<~~~(i think i spelled that right)or something like that....go with big rims!.....none of that 15" stuff
Ok, I know it's not a panel van, but it is a woody...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for everyone's response so far. I don't mean to be rude and I think the woody style is really cool, but that is totally not what I am going for. Look at the picture above of Justin Hampton's "Creature Screecher" and that is what I am going for, except for the grafix on the side. What I need help with is the how to's on sealing the doors and paneling the windows. Thanks again.

·
Registered
869 Posts
you would have to cut out the section around the door and weld a pannel to fill the door cracks and make it smoothe and some bondo to fill any flat spots to make it all smoothe....then around the windows do a similar method....thats what i would do..

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Take it to a bodyshop, It's nothing you wanna tackle yourself. The simple fact that you are asking us tells me you are not capable of doing it yourself.

And a regular collision shop won't normally do it, you'll need to find a shop willing to do custom work. I am a bodyman, there is no cheap way to get this done right.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
you are crazy dave! lol it'll be sick once you done though. you best bet is weld everything up after removing the windows. you gonna keep the car white ro repaint the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.