Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to paint the silver pieces on the steering wheel to match my theme and im wondering how i get that center piece off to do that is it possible anyone can show me a thread or some pics of the uninstall process thank you.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I did mine last night

FYI, the torx screws don't come out. I spent and additional 20 min trying to get them out, then i pulled on the center piece and it came off. Also after you take the three screws out there are tabs on the side. If you wish to go further like i did and take the buttons out the silver piece so you don't have to tape them off heres how.

1.Tap out the white, umm whatever they are.
2.From the back, use a small flathead or the curved flathead and pry the bottom of the buttons up and out of the hole
3.Make sure you have pressure on the bottom(hold from the front) while prying the top. if not you will just pop the bottom back in.

Do that for both the /\ and umm \/ and the + and - The Mode just slide out...when you get ready to put them back in you don't have to pry them in The just slide in...it took me 15 min of trying to pry the first one in to figure this out...

I don't have pics because it was dark. I will need to re do them because they werent completely dry when i pit them back on.

Hint, if the weather is not typical for painting in, you can use your engine bay as an oven. I always do my painting right when i get home. You can use a box like a case of soda or dog food comes in, and set all your pieces on it and put in on top of the engine cover and you should still be able to close you hood, but just make it catch, no need to latch it all the way...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts