Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinkin of painting the brakes red but have no idea what type of paint to use....any suggestions ?

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
there are special paint for brakes that is sold in Kragens/Autozone.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Advance Auto Parts sell a kit that you brush on will take two coats. Do all four and still have half can left $16.00 I have the red on my car!

Paul:D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I used the Duplicolor kit. Worked great.

I suggest only painting the calipers though, looks better when the rear drums aren't painted. IMO

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have the red, it looks great. And you will have enough paint left to do the whole neighborhood.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ocxb said:
I got red for my last van and still got a bunch left.... should I paint the calipers red on a green xb.... LOL might look like XMas LOL

I think red would look better than any other color, why not if you already have it. If you wanted to change later, it would look smoother because of the first coating.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
j0n said:
i was thinking of doing them red as well wit my blue box.... so what tools would i need an what needs to come off ?
If you seen mine at the expo, I got the stuff in a can with a brush.
Just take the wheel off, clean the calipers up with brake cleaner, and brush it on. I didn't take the calipers off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I looked around and could only find red or black in the local stores. I went to NAPA and they ordered me some blue, should be in today. Got my calipers clean last night, just need to paint them now.

Pics when painted

·
Registered
869 Posts
i painted my calipers red and my drums gloss black so the drums didnt look so dingy :D all i used was the high temp engine paint and i used the duplicolor caliper kit for the fronts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used Krylon Fusion since I had it left over and also couldn't find the kit iin white. Cleaned, primered, painted, clear coated. Was unable to get the drums off so I just covered around the area and it worked out fine. Did the calipers the same was but I did take them off. know just got to see how long it will last

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here is one of them, this has two coats of paint on it. My wife did the painting for me as a treat.

Guys,
What brand and is it Brush on ? I can only find spray kits in my area, and the brush-on kits in red or black. Hard as hell to find blue brush on.. :mad:

·
Registered
937 Posts
walmart has all the color kits. they also have the high temp spray paint for the rear ones. to the guy above who primed and clearcoated them, did you use high temp paint? otherwise that ish is gunn crack and fall off from the heat!:eek:

·
Registered
733 Posts
walmart has all the color kits. they also have the high temp spray paint for the rear ones. to the guy above who primed and clearcoated them, did you use high temp paint? otherwise that ish is gunn crack and fall off from the heat!:eek:
Is It Brush On ???? Very Important !

·
Registered
40 Posts
That blue looks great......i think im going to have to paint mine.....maybe tein green....cause i will have gun metal wheels.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.