Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some of the paint codes for 2004 and 2005 Scions. This is not the complete list.

I don't have the new 2006 color codes either. Maybe Alex or Mike can post them up.

Black Cherry Pearl: 3P2
Black Sand Pearl: 209
Blue Onyx Pearl: 8P8
Camouflage Metallic: 6M7
Hot Lava: 4R8
Phantom Gray Metallic: 1E3
Polar White: 068
Thunder Cloud Metallic: 1D2

Flint Mica: 1E0
Hot Lava: 4R8
Indigo Ink: 8P4
Phantom Gray Metallic: 1E3
Silver Streak Metallic: 1E7
Solar Yellow: 576

Thanks to lordvader. And there are these also:

Absolute Red: 3P0
Azure Blue Pearl: 8Q6
Classic Silver Metallic: 1F7
Nautical Blue: 8S6
Salsa Red Pearl: 3Q3
Spectra Blue Mica: 8M6
Super White: 040

From bdonscion:

2006 color codes

Shadow Mica: 1F4
Salsa Red: 3Q3
Envy Green: 6U1
Classic Silver: 1F7
Azure Pearl: 8Q6
Blue Blitz: 8Q1

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Good to know.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LordVader said:
You might want to double check your list,...Azure Blue Pearl should be 8Q6,...not 8L6
THANKS! That's what I get for trying to type my handwritten notes w/ my 3 year old trying for my attention also.

·
Registered
167 Posts
2006 color codes

Shadow Mica: 1F4
Salsa Red: 3Q3
Envy Green: 6U1
Classic Silver: 1F7
Azure Pearl: 8Q6
Blue Blitz: 8Q1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Toastid_Metal said:
thanx 4 the envy green color im gonna need some, unless the collison center can get it right....lol..

if ur wondering what im talkin about to to my myspace and go to my latest blog at the top....it sux sooo badd....:(
Sorry to hear your RS 3.0 needs fixin'. Be good to it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
paint sample

So tell me guys, if I just want a little paint to do a touch up on a spot on my RS 3.0, do I take the code you have listed and give it to just any auto paint shop? Would I be able to get a little jar or something from the local Scion dealership? I have no idea how this would work, but I know I should cover that scratch right away due to rust potential out here in Hawaii.
thanks.. I'd appreciate any advise.
Mimfy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Mimfy,

Yeah, you are right,...best thing to do is clean it really well, and get is sealed with a good wax so it doesn't oxidize. I don't know how deep it is, but if its just a little chip, then a dab of touch up paint is good for that. Your local Scion /Toyota Dealer will have a small bottle in stock in the parts department. Call them first though, you may need to order it, because its a special edition paint code. Chances are they can get it in a couple days. This Envy Green was previously only used in Japan, so you won't see it on anything that is brought into the states.

if its a scratch that goes to the metal,...again, clean it really well, and seal it with a good wax, then decide if its small enough for a dab of touch up paint or needs more work. You have a layer of zinc under the paint that will help protect it, but you are in Hawaii, so it is what it is: salt air and humidity. This zinc layer works like a scab and will create a partial seal to prevent immediate oxidation and rust. Another reason to use factory replacement panels and avoid the cheap knock off stuff that comes out of who knows where.

If its too deep for a dab of touch up paint, you might want to ask the dealer about what they use for chips and scratches. Typically that's a mobile company that comes out in a van and the guy can airbrush a small spot and make it beautiful. If its more than a bottle of touch up paint, but its less than having a body shop repaint your body panel.

If its really bad,...then find a really good body shop. Then only you'll know for sure that you had to break the original paint. Keep in mind that the original metallic/pearl paint is comprised of 2 parts,...a pigment layer and a clear coat. The pigment layer won't look like much when its put on,...the clear coat turns a dull layer into the sparkly pearl appearance. That's why the bottle of touch up paint is perfect for small chips, but not so good for a 5 inch gash.

Option A) Good: Touch up paint
Option B) Better: Mobile scratch and dent repair (dealers use them)
Option c) Best: Body Shop

I hope that helps,

J

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also,almost forgot,...all the good body shops will work with PPG, Dupont and the other major paint companies, so all you need is a paint code. (6U1) They will have a computer that they punch it in, and can mix the paint on site. If they are really good they can compensate for oxidation and sun-fading, but you won't have to worry about that.

J

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dear Lord Vader,
You're totally cool, I don't care what your subordinate storm troopers say about you. For a guy with a plastic helmet head and a cape, you sure know alot about cars! And to think, I thought Lord Vader was a bad guy.
Anyways, the chip is not a huge gash, rather it looks like a rock or something just took the green paint off in an area the size of a small pea. There's no damage to the metal underneath. I just cleaned and put a coat of wax and I'll give the parts guys a call tomorrow when they're open.
Thanks for your help. I hope they have a small bottle in stock, but I doubt it considering there's only 17 Envy Green xB's on Oahu.
Thanks Vader!! next time you're in this part of the galaxy, look me up. Just be sure to let Han out of the carbon freeze because he used to kinda cute.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry Cube your 08 colors are wrong

They are:

Black Sand Pearl 209
Classic Silver Metallic 1F7
Super White 040
Hypnotic Teal Mica 8U3
Blackberry Crush Metallic 3N0
Nautical Blue Metallic 8S6

Those are 06 colors and codes