Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so like the title says, how do I stop this from spreading? I do not know anything when it comes to paint, clear. I think it is just the clear coming off right? It is on the drivers side, door. Check the pic...

oh by the way, car paint is Shadow Mica 1F4, incase need that info.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
Yep, that's clear coat failing and flaking off. There's nothing you can do to save it. When it gets to this point, it needs a respray. :(

This is why you should wax and seal your car regularly to keep the paint safe from the elements and UV breakdown.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks! So there is nothing I can do to stop it? Like, sanding it, and spraying something on it, like clear or idk what? I don't care if it stayed that small, it is my DD and in no way a show car lol just would like something to keep it from spreading and getting bigger, you know...

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
The rest of the car is going to begin failing the same way if it hasn't already. You could sand it down and spray more clear on top of it, but it'd look like sh!t.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Mask it, and wet sant it with a block to clean of the flaking clear and blend the edges. Clean it, spray clear(rattle can is fine) peal masking off wet sand and buff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts