7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It turned a year old on 12/16/05.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS! I like to keep it simple, the only other exterior mod will probly be two-tone.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got these off another site, they were taken at meet nearby.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I think everyone knows how I feel about any PW on this site...... :cool: Detail mods make the biggest impressions, keep it up.

I hope to do a two-tone also, but the second color has to flow with the overall theme for me. Can't wait to see what more you have in store.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
newest pic

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
one more for now.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Started with the screw driver method to break it out. But it wasn't working and the reflector scratched the lens.

So I then went to plan "B" baked at 200 degrees for about 6 min at a time between working the sealer loose. After the third baking I was able to seperate the two halves. Then it's easy to get the amber out.
Then put the two halves back in the oven for 5 min. take them out. Put the halves back together, back in the oven again. Take them out then refrigerate.

Good as new with no fogging.

I've done about 2 sets of civic lights
My old Protege5
And now the Box

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dtrain619 said:
Thanks for the info. The scratching has been the thing that has stopped me from doing it. I don't want any scratches!!

So, no additional sealant needed after removing the lens?
I didn't reseal. Haven't fogged yet, just don't dig out all the sealer if you can help it.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.