Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a way to make the dash cubbies, glovebox, console and door bins a bit more functional, with a great pad set. These great neoprene pads make the flat surfaces or cubbies of the xB dash much more functional. Now my sunglasses and bluetooth headset don't slide around.

You can see the pictures I took while I was installing the pads here- http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13852. eBay seller pilotpads is great to deal with. See more about him at http://members.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=pilotpads I first ran across him when I owned a Honda Pilot, and ordered a greeat set of non-slip pads for it. I was really happy to discover that he'd added xB pads to his product line. For a very reasonable price you get a super 17 piece pad set, labeled for easy installation in the proper location.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Wow - Awesome! I've been thinking lately what could I use that was rubbery but not sticky and messy for those cubbies, to keep my sunglasses from taking off everytime I accelerate! :p That would solve my problems right there.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Has anyone noticed that you can buy this material at Home Depot in the shelf liner section for super cheap? I'm heading for another HD mod.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Has anyone noticed that you can buy this material at Home Depot in the shelf liner section for super cheap? I'm heading for another HD mod.
You probably could do it yourself but these are die cut and fit great. Say materials are 5 bucks then sit around for two hours cutting and fitting.. 8 bucks an hour while I am doing 1g turns and my sunglasses are still in the tray. :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Cravin said:
You probably could do it yourself but these are die cut and fit great. Say materials are 5 bucks then sit around for two hours cutting and fitting.. 8 bucks an hour while I am doing 1g turns and my sunglasses are still in the tray. :)
Excellent point Pat, plus there's always that problem with my girlfriend not letting me play with scissors. :eek:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I ordered the pads via eBay (http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpilotpads) and got them in three working days. All 17 pads come with printed labels on them indicating where they go, and there is a set of double-sided peel-and-stick patches to hold 'em in place should you think it is needed.

First thing I noticed when I got my pads in the mail was the professional packaging and labeling, and the fact that the cutting of the pads was very precise, and even had properly radiused corners and the material was very good looking.

Installation was easy, following the labels. (Without the labels it would have taken me considerably longer to figure out where each piece went.) I did use the 'stickum patches' on five of the pieces, but most of them do not require them - in fact even the ones I did stick down may not have needed it.

OK, how do they look? Great! Looks like something that should have come with the car. I suspect most strangers will think they ARE factory.

Finally, how do they work? The work just the way they should. My sunglasses stay in one of the little cubbies even when I drive 'in a spirited manner.' It's nice to have things quietly stay where you put them.

I would recommend these to anyone with an xB who uses those nooks and crannies in the dash, console and doors. They quiet things down and keep 'em in place.

The price on these is right where it should be for the high quality - definately low enough that you feel good about the purchase.

Get some. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a set of ebay once I saw this post. They arrived quick and installtion was a breeze. They even come with dbl sided tape if you want the pads to fit super nice. I agree that these can be bought at HD for a cheaper price but with my cutting skills, they would make the car look ugly as hell. At least these come perfectly cut right at your door with no headaches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this is a great product. Price is very fair, and every piece fits perfect. If I tried to do it myself I would waste more in mistakes than I would save. Nice to be able to put my cell phone next to the wheel and not have it slide out. Great product and great service.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wouldnt use the stick pads

I was thinking its probably better not to use the dbl sided stick pads. Dust happens in all cars and it will only make it harder to detail your interior if you have all your pads stuck in place...

just my .02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dash pads

We just installed Wilson's dash top pad set as well as the multiple pad set for all of the other dash cubbies. We really like the look as well as the extra grip. Installation was fun and easy because all of the pieces had placement instructions. In fast turns the pads keep items in place and stops stuff from rattling on bumpy roads. I have not tried a bootlegger turn yet but I am sure the pads will keep items from flying around. I definitely recommend Wilson's pads.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow, just found this thread

I’ve had these for months and they’re great.

You’ll also find a thread several pages long consisting of glowing reviews on the “other” site.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
This is a great product. Keys or whatever can be kept above the glovebox without scratching anything or sliding off, and the pads look factory.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want some of these for my new box but can't seem to find where the guy sells them. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
He's changed his eBay name but still there and still making a fine product:

http://stores.ebay.com/PadsPlus

I got 'em, they are more than worth the price.

Tom

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.