Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the laws/restrictions for headlights or know where to find all of the restrictions? Considering aftermarket lights and don't want to get pulled over:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
release_xb said:
In NY you can have any headlight that you want, but you have to have white bulbs! If you check with the cops they can tell you.
i have Yellow and never had a problem yet

and i live in Amherst :eek:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Yellow bulbs will get you pulled over QUICK!

we have a member in philly that got pulled over about 20 min after he put in the yellow bulbs lol

now he's running some crazy blue bulbs, and hasnt had a problem since.

·
Registered
56 Posts
don't drive thru pa. we'll yank you off the road and write you up a nice $180 citation....white only unless your car comes with the hd lights. bmw, lincoln, acura etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
don't drive thru pa. we'll yank you off the road and write you up a nice $180 citation....white only unless your car comes with the hd lights. bmw, lincoln, acura etc.
ive been down here in PA for the last 2 years

they dont bother me much here

i get pulled over a few times

but im plated in NY so i guess that helps

they never have wrote me a ticket yet

·
ice cream truck pilot
133 Posts
it depends on what else is going on with your car i've had alot of modded cars all with different headlights from s15 headlights on my 240 to the light up JDM plate thats bright green on my toaster. if you arent speeding and you dont argue when you get pulled over anything goes.

only thing they really go after is if you HID's arent adjusted and looks like you are highbeaming the planet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I live in pa, And i have 10,000K hids in my 08 XB. Fully tinted windows, the cops dont bother me.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
BEAT BOX PRODUCER
156 Posts
i have Yellow and never had a problem yet

and i live in Amherst :eek:
I have Blue and I get pulled over pretty much 3-4 times a weeks so now i just ride wit my yellow fogs on and get no greif....NY cops are cracking down alot now on HID's but im tryna get yellow for my heads to to see wats up with that color

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm wanted in PA, for an outstanding Speeding ticket (like 15 years ago now), thankfully Mass does not have an active relationship with the PA RMV.

I'm thinking of going to HIDs but I'm changeing out the lights first, So at least I can fake that the entire light units are switched with Manufacturer HID ones..

·
mmmm..Beer
185 Posts
I'm rollin' w/ aftermarket HIDs and yellow fogs for 8 months w/ no problems.....Knock on wood lol. The fuzz leave the boxs in my neck of woods alone.

·
cpcsanti
12 Posts
Its a Hit or Miss The Troopers will pull you over maybe haha but they will always nail you for brake lights out haha then rack the bill up after they pulled you over haha true story..

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had projectors, projectors with HID's (8000k), stock headlights with HID's (10000k) over the past several years in PA and have never had a problem.

No problems with cops or inspections.

I think you will be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts