Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CEL came in last week. AutoZone gave me code P0793 - “Intermediate shaft speed” “A” “Circuit no signal”. I took out the airbox to find a melted hose and the wiring to the speed sensor plug cut at the junction with the other wiring.
What is this hose? Looks like a vent of some kind.
Do I just need to unwrap all the wiring here and splice the sensor wiring back together?
Sorry, it’s been 20 years since I really got my hands dirty under the hood and just starting to get back into it all with my teenagers.
Font Material property Paper Document Paper product

White Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Odometer Car

·
Registered
116 Posts
The melted hose is simply the transmission vent tube. It has nothing to do with any OBD codes.

Just rip that hose off, install a new hose and be sure to transfer the water restrictor cap from the top of the old hose to the top of the new hose.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking at your pictures again.......here's what I noticed. The hose isn't melted. It has infact been chewed on. You got a hungry mouse living in you engine compartment. Inspect your cabin air filter for the mouses hideout.

In the picture below:

I marked with red lines where I would remove the plastics to get enough access to splice any broken wires located in that section of the wire harness.

The blue circles indicate where pieces of the tube are resting atop the transmission, obviously chewed off, not melted.

The yellow marks the location of mouse 💩 turds.

If my car repair gig ever fails I guess I could become a mouse turd detective. Lol.

Bicycle part Automotive lighting Bag Bumper Sports equipment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts