Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Towster ['__'`,-,
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my xB for the first time in almost a week. The car started with a horribly rough idle for about 10 seconds, then mellowed back to a normal idle. I left it idling for another few seconds, and then the Check Engine Light came on.

P0301 code was thrown. So I decided to clear the code.

I turned off the engine and then restarted it again. Engine started flawlessly as normal. No roughness. And no Check Engine Light.

Should I be concerned with this at all? I have driven about 50 miles since the incident without any additional problems. What is everybody's opinion?

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Probably not a problem. You might want to swap ignition coils between cylinders 1 & 2. Then if you get a P0302 code next time, you'll know the cause.

Reactions: 9.0 2012 RS

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
It's OK to drive for some time with the light on steady, but get it fixed asap.
Never drive with the the check engine light flashing- that's for sure.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Reactions: PCH

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Rep points for posting that link Darrell.
Most common ones: spark plug, bad ignition coil, valve problem (not enough clearance, burned seat area, bent), broken valve spring, low cylinder compression.

·
Towster ['__'`,-,
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the problem is probably because the car has been sitting for a while.

I did reset the light and it has not come on again so I think it is clear sailing. It runs like new!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey u guys i have a 2005 XB and i have a miss fire on cylinder 1 and i changed the spark plug and coil pack. but still no change, it still shakes. i also checked the injector and i am getting a pluse, i haven't changed the injector need help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts