Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...
i've had the dash lights going on/off for about a year now. I finally got a scanner and I'm getting the P0012 code. I've been reading all day trying to figure out where to start.

what's weird is that my dash lights seem to go off when the gas tank is full. when it gets to 3/4 they come on and then at 1/4 they go back off. sometimes it doesn't go exactly like this, but it's fairly common. i don't really notice any issues with the performance.

has anyone noticed anything like this? im thinking im going to start with the ocv. i dont think its the camshaft timing gear or i would definitely notice a performance change (at least i would think)

any thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey all...
i've had the dash lights going on/off for about a year now. I finally got a scanner and I'm getting the P0012 code. I've been reading all day trying to figure out where to start.

what's weird is that my dash lights seem to go off when the gas tank is full. when it gets to 3/4 they come on and then at 1/4 they go back off. sometimes it doesn't go exactly like this, but it's fairly common. i don't really notice any issues with the performance.

has anyone noticed anything like this? im thinking im going to start with the ocv. i dont think its the camshaft timing gear or i would definitely notice a performance change (at least i would think)

any thoughts?
Hey, I have the same exact code and experience the same behavior. I was curious if you ever fixed it. I did change my ocv sensor, spark plugs, gas cap and it was none of that. Like you, my performance seems the same but it's starting to look like the camshaft timing gear or evap canister. Was wondering if you ever solved your issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey all...

any thoughts?
Try changing the spark plugs to Denso Iridium ones that are on ebay...it worked for me. They are pregapped at .044 so don't change them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts