Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sunshine05
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Scion Friends:

I need your help! I just relocated to S.Cal from ATL. Love it here and want to stay.
About a year ago and many, many miles ago my check engine light illuminated.

In order to get my car registered, plates and be CAL legit. I had my car diagnosed. It will not pass SMOG due to check engine light here's what it said:
P0010 A Camshaft position actuator circuit /Open Bank 1

From what I read this doesn't seem too difficult to order the part from Toyota and have it installed.

I'm curious who has managed this issue with success.

I'd love to become a real CA resident.

In gratitude,
A2 in CALI

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,533 Posts
It doesn't look to hard to get to, here's the thread with the location diagram. If you're not up to doing it yourself and are near Santa Clarita I have a mechanic I can refer you to. He's owned 5 or 6 1st gens and knows his way around them.

·
Sunshine05
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I found someone local. It also came up that I need to complete a DRIVE CYCLE? I researched a little...yet, I have no answer on how to complete this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
459 Posts
generally means just driving it around for 30 miles or so in various driivng conditions to let the ecu and sensors get situated and no codes are pending. iirc, the catalyst and the evap take the longest to get to ready state, which means it'll pass inspection. Just go drive at freeway speed somewhere some then stop and go side streets and such and could stop by somewhere that has code reader to check if sensors all good before going for inspection.

·
Sunshine05
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
generally means just driving it around for 30 miles or so in various driivng conditions to let the ecu and sensors get situated and no codes are pending. iirc, the catalyst and the evap take the longest to get to ready state, which means it'll pass inspection. Just go drive at freeway speed somewhere some then stop and go side streets and such and could stop by somewhere that has code reader to check if sensors all good before going for inspection.
Thank you. This seems somewhat elusive yet I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
459 Posts
well, i have a obdii bluetooth code reader and an app on my phone to read codes and also has an inspection list of sensors that tell you when they are in ready state to pass emissions testing. i recently bought an 04 with vsc check engine and trac off lights on and it had evap codes because throttle body hose to tank was cracked. fixing that hose turned off all lights and i had to drive it around for awhile to get all sensors to ready state after clearing codes and get it inspected to change title over. not even certain it took 30 miles but should cover it.

·
Sunshine05
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i have a obdii bluetooth code reader and an app on my phone to read codes and also has an inspection list of sensors that tell you when they are in ready state to pass emissions testing. i recently bought an 04 with vsc check engine and trac off lights on and it had evap codes because throttle body hose to tank was cracked. fixing that hose turned off all lights and i had to drive it around for awhile to get all sensors to ready state after clearing codes and get it inspected to change title over. not even certain it took 30 miles but should cover it.
I'm hopeful! Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts