Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my red taillight overlays from bluebatmobile earlier this week. I had some time yesterday so I went ahead and put them on. MAN it was difficult flexing this things flat against the upper curved corner of the tails without wrinkles! The tails were already smoked. I'll try to attach some pics I took with a cell phone. It's STILL snowing here in Cincinnati. I'll put these on when it warms up or when my new tires come in... whichever comes first. You likey?

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I used warm water, a hair dryer, my fingers, a rag, and my UC ID card. When I was forming the curve I used the hairdryer but the hot air made the vinyl contract into a tighter crease. Oh well. The product is great quality and I would definately do business with him again. I highly recommend what his product if you haven't already made a transaction with him.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Looks good, be sure to post the ‘pics with them installed.

You know, when you thaw out :D

I’ve never heard a bad thing about Bats or his products
(is he on here? I’ve only seen him on SL.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought my scion and need new taillights i like your alot, i was wondering if there was a website you could tell me about that has some different ones for my scion i could look at?? I would appreciate it!! thanks :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are quite a few places to look. MyTightRide.com has quite a few LED tails if you like those. ssuperstore.com has quite a bit of everything.

Mine are actually the Helix brand that my girlfriend bought for me. You can also look on ebay for the same thing, but I've heard a few complaints about knock off's. Some fogging or poor fitment.

You can always keep the original taillights and tint them or cover them in red. A lot of people just modify the originals.

I just took pics of the lights on my box today but I can't find the cord to connect my camera to the computer. In the next few days I'll post pics of my new tails and new wheels.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice job. Makes a custom taillight look even more custom.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Nice touch --- looking good!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I bought them in September but didn't want to put them on right before it started snowing so I held off of temptation and waited until Spring to put them on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.