Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
Elegant! Showroom quality with great personal touches. That was a huge effort. Did you have the xB professionally detailed; or, did you perform the work yourself?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elegant! Showroom quality with great personal touches. That was a huge effort. Did you have the xB professionally detailed; or, did you perform the work yourself?
We did all the work ourself being I’m retired from auto body work for 40 years . This was a one owner which keep it up very well . Every body panel idtag all matched and no paint work was done . The seats and interior are perfect . I did replace rear shocks , rear shoes and drums , front struts , front brake pads and rotors , new belts , new hoses , oil and filter , a/c compressor , A/C evaporator core , new A/C condenser , heater core , heating fan , new headlights , new fog light , new led taillights , new emblems , and chrome belt moldings .
so the mechanic end is as solid as the rest of it and we can ride with ease . All of it wasn’t worn out being we drove it 700 miles just fine but l wanted everything on it new as possible for the long haul in life . It only had 98,765 miles when we got it so we updated everything .
Thanks for the compliment and inquiring !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Impressive; amazing amount of energy invested.
Where did you acquire the moldings? Thank you for any information.
Thank you . The moldings came from autozone . It’s a 3m pill and stick . l got new chrome emblems off the internet .

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Welcome to the Family. I have #923. Love the yellow Box.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the Family. I have #923. Love the yellow Box.
Thanks ! My wife loves ours too . She says not for sale !!! Less keep them alive and well . Mine is 887 l believe . Can’t check number for sure now I’m in the hospital getting stints in my heart but that number close .

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
Thanks ! My wife loves ours too . She says not for sale !!! Less keep them alive and well . Mine is 887 l believe . Can’t check number for sure now I’m in the hospital getting stints in my heart but that number close .
Hope your procedure goes well and all is successful. Remember to follow the post-op care and instructions of your immediate superior (XYL).

And we keep adding knowledge of medical acronyms to our lexicon, such as; PCI, BMS, DES, DVT, PE, PICC, QID, HS, MLPA, YAG, 2TT, etcetera, etcetera.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope your procedure goes well and all is successful. Remember to follow the post-op care and instructions of your immediate superior (XYL).

And we keep adding knowledge of medical acronyms to our lexicon, such as; PCI, BMS, DES, DVT, PE, PICC, QID, HS, MLPA, YAG, 2TT, etcetera, etcetera.
Hey, I know a bit about what you've experienced after having had a triple bypass operation back in February 2012. No heart problems since then, thanks in large part to my sticking to the diet recommended in the 2007 book "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease" by Caldwell Esselstyn (which also was Bill Clinton's guide after he first had bypass surgery). Bought my '05 RS 2.0 nearly 5 years ago from a private party, when it had only 28K on the odometer; it now has 84K but is still mostly original. I just about fell over when I first saw it: it's # 1 of 2,500. I'm the third owner; for the first year, it was apparently the display vehicle owned by the corporation and used as a show car by dealerships for the 2.0 release. Then it was bought by an elderly couple in the San Francisco area from the SF dealership, but they had to give up driving due to health and age issues.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
Glad to read you are doing great after the 2012 procedures.

😬 So, to date, all private owners have encountered potentially debilitating health issues! 👀
Regardless, having Number 1 is really impressive. You have made the RS02 fans on this site salivate; similar to Pavlov's dog. I imagine you have been approached by people asking your sale price? How do you respond to their inquiries?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, I know a bit about what you've experienced after having had a triple bypass operation back in February 2012. No heart problems since then, thanks in large part to my sticking to the diet recommended in the 2007 book "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease" by Caldwell Esselstyn (which also was Bill Clinton's guide after he first had bypass surgery). Bought my '05 RS 2.0 nearly 5 years ago from a private party, when it had only 28K on the odometer; it now has 84K but is still mostly original. I just about fell over when I first saw it: it's # 1 of 2,500. I'm the third owner; for the first year, it was apparently the display vehicle owned by the corporation and used as a show car by dealerships for the 2.0 release. Then it was bought by an elderly couple in the San Francisco area from the SF dealership, but they had to give up driving due to health and age issues.
Wow did you luck up at the right time and score a nice find on your xb . I bet you’ve had a blast with it .
I now have to really tighten down on my diet being this is the third time l have had stents and a triple bypass surgery .
Any idea how many 05 releases are still on the road ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no guess as to how many '05 RS 2.0 models are still in existence. That data would be difficult to dig up, I'd think. Although living in California, I see the occasional one fairly often. Being bright yellow, they're pretty easy to spot. And in reply to Myopic's question, I've not advertised the fact that I acquired the #1 car of this release, so I've not had anyone offer a purchase price. I'm not inclined to sell it for any price, as I'm enjoying driving it too much!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A weekend snap shot at the old gas Shell station in NC . There was 7 built in Winston -Salem NC and one near by in Kernersville NC . They were all build in the early 30’s . This is the only surviving one and is restored and protected by “Preservation North Carolina “ .

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
A weekend snap shot at the old gas Shell station in NC . There was 7 built in Winston -Salem NC and one near by in Kernersville NC . They were all build in the early 30’s . This is the only surviving one and is restored and protected by “Preservation North Carolina “.
Reasonably modern, gravity feed but without a hand pump. Probably around 40 octane.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts