Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I get OTG camber shims to go along with my OTG spacer shims I already have would the bolts I already have owrk or am I on my own for finding longer bolts?

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
high smoke

just e-mail Van at OTG and explain that you already have reg spacers and want to stack with camber shims for 20mm of space/camber and he would prob substitute longer bolts from stacked kit for the same deal when ya buy the cambers. :)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeppers, you'll need loonger bolts. Van can tell you what size you'll need.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Smoke20, did you find out what size bolt you need. I picked up a set of used camber shims and spacers and was going to do this this afternoon.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your gonna need grade 8 m10x1.25x50 bolts!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*writes this down for future reference*

I'll eventually get a set, I need to do some measuring to get everything as close to flush as I can with spacers and the camber shims.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am new here so bare with me...what are the difference between the 2...also what are the benefits for each
The shim will push the whole wheel out, while the camber tilts the top of the tire in 3 degree.

The shim is to make the tire look better by making them not look sunk in and/or to just adjust space to fit some custom rims. The camber is for looks and better cornering.

·
Registered
191 Posts
thats why i was asking what are the differences between the two.....because the way you have explained them they are the same.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Rear spacer shims push the wheels out. Rear camber shims add negative camber to the rear wheels. I would not get rear camber shims unless your rear wheels are already very flush with the back, otherwise they will lokk even more sunken in. This is why you notice, as in this post, people stack these and use both.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.