Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay since i love you all on this forum soooo much (well most of you:p ) i decided to post this info for you JDM lovers. We often see parts that we want so bad but it's on yahoo japan auctions and think it's impossible to get. Just the opposite! It's quite simple. There are many services out there that will place bids for you and have offices in Japan that the item can be shipped to. (Another problem is that most sellers on Yahoo Japan will NOT ship out to the states. So me spending like 2 hours making my ID on the site was a waste.lol) They will then ship directly to you once they check your item. This website explains the ins and outs of Yahoo Japan and lists a lot of the services that will place bids for you.
http://www.ffmusic.info/yjtutorial.html#websites

I have already spent the time going through all the sites and these would be the 3 that i would recommend based on that they have the lowest fees.

http://www.celga.com/index.html
http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com/
http://goody-japan.com/

All three have similar fees but the last one may be the best since they do not charge the remittance fee from paypal. They will pay it for you. I can also recommend www.rinkya.com as Ron (orataro) has dealt with them a few times including one time to get a part for me and everything went good, but after compairing to the other services their fees look to be a little higher.

Please read carfully before ordering from each place. All the places work off a tiered fee system. So depending on the price of the item you are buying one place may be better to order through than another. Each place is free to register on so it may be best to register on a couple of them if you plan on ordering things on a normal basis. Also these place dont just deal with car parts it's ANYTHING avaliable on Yahoo Japan.

AAAAANNNDDD heres the best part. A couple of the services listed on that site will do orders from ANY japenese website. Yes this mean that all those parts we can't find a US dealer for and just stare at all day long in a bb bible can be ordered for you. I haven't looked at those places yet to check fees so if someone else would like to contribute that would be greatly appretiated. Also maybe Ron could chime in on this all too or anyone else who has used these services. Maybe a mod would wanna make this a sticky at least for a bit since we have so many JDM'ers on here. If you have any questions fire away so i can help out with the answer. I'm still trying to learn how this all exactly works too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for the info man...theres alot of goodies im gonna try to get. I thought it was so much harder than that. Good thing your'e on here.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
What is JDM ?
It's like BMW lip spoilers and carbon fiber mirrors. I got some JDM stuff for my tC.

Thanks for the post and info! Perhaps after the big show I will invest some time in this to pick up a couple of unique parts and maybe even that DAMD Smoke Sealed headlight thingy I've always wanted...

-Alex

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha good stuff guys. i'm glad i could help a few of you out. i'll get ron to reply on here and give his comments on using this stuff.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Dude! Thank you for posting this up! Don't worry, the JDM parts still won't flood the market, as they're expensive.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha i just wanted to help out the few people that wanted to go all out on the car jdm wise but didn't know how. i figure i could have said nothing but i just like to see nice xb's and not just be a parts hog myself. lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yellow Sub thanks for this post. I asked this questions a couple of months ago and never got a good answer. This post has been a huge help. I am not a huge JDM or Vip guy but see parts that I would like to pick up.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Thanks for this...I've never checked this stuff out before.

Not really into any 'scene' myself, just what floats my boat.

Found some cool RSR coilovers and a TopFuel intake....just need $ now.

edit: wow, also a complete bB steering wheel.....any idea if it'd hook up with no issues?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's exactly the same as ours just a toyota emblem in the center. a while back a bunch of guys on clubist.com did trades with a few guys here in norcal.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good looking out................So how's you're car coming along?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good looking out................So how's you're car coming along?
pfff dont even ask bro. lol i've been running into soooo many problems lately. i'm gonna do a huge update thread later on this week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.