Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose gona one in the car ?
I tired to replace my factory one with the yellowtop and it wont fit ?
does that sound odd ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
i have a red top in mine i had to shorten the rods that hold the batter in and the tray is just about a quater inch to small so your right it don't just fit in... oh and you have to bend the positive terminal or get a different one and run new wire...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
i bent the rods that hold the battery down the little plastic tray will be fine aslong as you got the battery bolted down.. all i did with the + terminal was get a new gold terminal and ran some 2 gauge wire from the stock stuff into the new terminal....

not a great pic but you can se how i did the wire...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
The tie down rods are two long for the shorter optima, you have to put something under the tiedown. I used a big yellow sponge,lol and it hasn't failed yet. Also the leads will fit, you will have to manhandle the positive though, but it will fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
I would say yes, I've used these batteries in different vehicles and they always seem to improve the car somewhat. Don't expect a different car, but if you are upgrading the stereo I would say it's a must, if not then go w/the red top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Yellow Top Optima Battery

The batteries you have Chris will fit just fine on the tray. Its a tight location and they are hella heavy so I wouldnt worry about it moving. The connector on the power side will not fit due to the red thing on the wire. Like I said before you need an extendor for the terminal for it to work. Charlie said you can get it at autozone pepboys etc and would be under $5.00 the second battery you are going to run you will not have this problem because you will run the wire direct no modifications.

Regarding if it will make a diffrent HELL YES!! it will make a difference. Look at it this way my wife can play her radio for say 5 mninutes and battery is dead. In my truck I got over two times the system in there I could play it for over an hour and start the truck with 0 problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LuminicsBulbsDotCom said:
The batteries you have Chris will fit just fine on the tray. Its a tight location and they are hella heavy so I wouldnt worry about it moving. The connector on the power side will not fit due to the red thing on the wire. Like I said before you need an extendor for the terminal for it to work. Charlie said you can get it at autozone pepboys etc and would be under $5.00 the second battery you are going to run you will not have this problem because you will run the wire direct no modifications.

Regarding if it will make a diffrent HELL YES!! it will make a difference. Look at it this way my wife can play her radio for say 5 mninutes and battery is dead. In my truck I got over two times the system in there I could play it for over an hour and start the truck with 0 problems.
Scott I doubt you not, i just had a pain in the ass day in the modding world. Nothign really fit right, parts where to small etc etc..just wanted to know
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
I have the Yellow Top in my xB also. Just need an extension on the Positive side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
squirrel said:
I have the Yellow Top in my xB also. Just need an extension on the Positive side.
I didn't extend anything, I just trimmed some of that red cover.
 

·
mertechperformance
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
release_xb said:
Size 75= If you have a lot of lights and audio the stock battery won't last.
yeah my stereo is killing my battery , can't leave teh stereo on with teh car off for longer than like 10 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
hotbox05 said:
yeah my stereo is killing my battery , can't leave teh stereo on with teh car off for longer than like 10 minutes.
HEY HOTBOX WHAT YOU MEAN YOUR BATTERY DIES IN 10 MIN WITH THE OEM BATTERY OR THE OPTIMA IF ITS THE OPTIMA YOU HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAR CUZ IM RUNNING A RED TOP AND I PLAY IT FOR LIKE FOUR HOURS STRIGHT FULL BLAST AND MY CAR STILL STARTS UP FINE BUT YEA


WELL BACK TO WHAT ORG QUESTION WAS HOW TO FIT THE POSTIVE TERMINAL ON THE YELLOW TOP WELL WHAT I DID WAS TRY TO FIND OUT HOW THE HECK TO RERUN ALL NEW WIRES BUT DIDNT HAPPEN SO WHAT I ENDED UP DOING WAS JUST BEND THE POSTIVE BATTERY TERMINAL A BIT SO ITS NOT A 90 DEGREE ANGLE ANYMORE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
The optima are made different than a stock battery. The yellow top is a deep cell and will hold a charge a lot longer. I have had my system on and dvd for over hour and still started.

Paul
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top