Scion xB Forum banner

opinions on new tires

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  bluebb05 
#1 ·
Okay, so I'm going to be getting new tires very soon. Since I'm not dedicated to any particular company, I wonder what your opinions are on which brand I should go with. I'm not looking for super expensive ultra-mega high performance tire since lets face it,... it's just an xB. Plus most of my drive consists of sitting in traffic. What is the best tire I can get for the best price? btw, I will be needing 215/40/18s

I've been told Nankangs are surprisingly not as bad as you would think for the price

#7 ·
LuvmyxB said:
What the hell do you guys mean..."its just an xB???"

WTF is that supposed to mean!

GO BUY A HUMMER!!!!!!! :p :p :p
Don't get all bent out of shape and start that "Hummer" stuff!

We were just speaking in terms of spending money wisely on tires, no need to buy "Z" rated tires for a 105hp box when "H" will do just fine. You follow me?

No slight on our beloved boxes intended, and apologies to all whom I may have offended.

#10 ·
I've been running Nitto NeoGens lately. I have them on my Matrix, they replaced S-03s, and on my 17 inch Buddy Club wheels, and 18 inch bBiSt/Sport Max wheels. I will have Falkens on my other set of Sport Max wheels since Nitto doesn't have the size I need for 9.5 inch wide wheels.

#12 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
Thanks again, mister! ;)

How soon? And in the same color we talked about?
The 18x9.5 wheel on the table last weekend was mine. :D

I just left the other 3 back at house.

Fender rolling tool should be here this week, so they will be on as soon as I get the tires and fenders rolled even more than what's rolled now.

#14 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
You gonna roll 'em flat this time? I'm still waiting to hear from Steve. And how much was the fender rolling tool?
Yeppers, going to roll them flat so I can fit those wheels on the drop I'm at.

The tool was the price of at least two of the wheels.

#24 ·
the average 18 runs about $160 i get em ata better price but yea i say stay away from nankang and any other brand that is not a welll used brand stick to the quality if you but cheap tires you will buy 10 cheap tires when you could have bought 4 maybe 5 good ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.