Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members,
I would appreciate some opinions about a dilemma I'm faced with. I love stick-shifts and hear this car is so much fun to drive with a manual. I've been looking for manual and they usually have 90-120k miles for roughly $5k. No problem, right? Well, I have an opportunity to purchase an 06 XB with 40k original miles for $6k. (carfax confirmed). My conflict is that it is automatic. I've read numerous posts of XB owners regretting not buying a manual but 40k original miles is a hard factoid to ignore.....especially at that price. Sounds dumb to have this problem but "adulting" is hard.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
True the automatic transmission doesn’t give you the sporty feel of a manual transmission, but does usually give you a little better fuel mileage because of the better gearing. Hard decision if you are really wanting a stick shift.

·
Registered
309 Posts
40k on the clock is win either way.....go for it. It was maybe more gently used being auto and you will have more stuff on the combo light clock info thing with the gear indicator. The important question is.....does it have audio controls on the steering wheel?

·
see you in surgery
343 Posts
Wow I have 06.5 manual transmission with audio controls on my steering wheel.
I thought it suck having a 06.5 because you can’t put a intake legally.(inCalifornia)
I would rather have that than seats and radio control on the steering wheel!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wow I have 06.5 manual transmission with audio controls on my steering wheel.
I thought it suck having a 06.5 because you can’t put a intake legally.(inCalifornia)
I would rather have that than seats and radio control on the steering wheel!!!
Luckily you have the option to move wherever and mod the box however you see fit........yeah, there are more important things than audio controls.....and aftermarket intakes. Seats would be one of them......if they outlaw seats here I will move.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I had Fr-s seats and they were fabulous, so much more comfortable then the oem.
Comport over noise for me.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Do they plug into airbag sensors and mount to xB mounting points or is this a fab and wiring project? And how contrasting are they to the oem back seat? or did you do fr & rr? I may just do wet okole covers on mine since they greatly improve comfort level and have lasted a decade in my truck. Also put some in my other car.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Mounting points are different, have to fab, little mod to wiring, and it was just the front two.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks good. Looks like they would match up good with leather rear seats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought just like you when I was purchasing my XB, and thought I needed it to be manual in order to enjoy it. But honestly I don't feel sporty at all with the stick, it's more of a hassle than anything. This car is slow as balls period. Buy it for the great MPG's, awesome amount of space, cheap repairs, and its simplicity. It is a great car, but if I could rewind time and go automatic I probably would. The next car I get that's manual is going to be a classic muscle car or an SC300/400 with a 2JZ swap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts