Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These wheels are 17x7" +42 offset.
I will need spacers right? What sizes? Purchase from where?

Tires will be 205/40-17 Falkens ZIEX 512

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You only will need spacers if you want the rear to come out more. They will tuck and fit fine the way they are. So the reason to have spacers is only cosmetic not functional.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
With a 40 offset you would prolly be fine with 42 I'm not sure. A high offset you won't rub on the outside but maybe a little on the inside of your tire against the inside of your wheel well. See the attachment. I would go with a lower offset if you can. I was thinking OTG 10mm shims so your wheels don't look sucked in in the rear and for sure no rub. Some one here might have 17X7 42ET that can tell you for sure though.
Line Parallel Font Furniture Diagram

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Get 215/40-17s for the tire size. 205/40-17s are too small and will throw off your speedometer and odometer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What you think?

Well, I purchased these 17" x 7" (4x100mm) today along with 215/45-17s tires.
They are 17x7 +35, hoping that it will fill the wheel well better.
My car is Thunder Cloud Silver and I'll post pics as soon as they get installed.
The Wheels. Falken 512 tires, lugs and hubcentrics were only $658.00 delivered to my door.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
carguy70001 said:
Well, I purchased these 17" x 7" (4x100mm) today along with 215/45-17s tires.
They are 17x7 +35, hoping that it will fill the wheel well better.
My car is Thunder Cloud Silver and I'll post pics as soon as they get installed.
The Wheels. Falken 512 tires, lugs and hubcentrics were only $658.00 delivered to my door.

Lookin' good. I would still consider the OTG rear shims only because your wheels are the same size all the way around, and with the way Scion designed the rear end (It's offset from the front), your rear tires will still look sunken compared to the fronts.

Just my 2 cents.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You made a good choice, Dion is right just do the OTG spacers an you'll be fine. If you want to go more just slap a 5mm over the studs.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Good choice gonna look great. I agree you need 10mm shims in the rear. There is about an inch difference between the front and rear. The front stance is wider then the rear so 10mm each side should do the trick. Where did you order your rims from?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Lookin' good. I would still consider the OTG rear shims only because your wheels are the same size all the way around, and with the way Scion designed the rear end (It's offset from the front), your rear tires will still look sunken compared to the fronts.

Just my 2 cents.
The reason they do this is to enhance the turning radius. The more off set in the rear would cut this down, but not by much and you have so much already just give up and inch or two.

I want some too, but cant get any money together while I am here in school.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts