Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've e mail them couple of times, in the pass 2 weeks haven't got a reply. Just wonderin' whats going on. : [ I really need some spacers anyone can help wit that? : ] I look at there updates last one I saw was "04.30.06" : | hmmmm.... last resort is going with H&R wheel spacers : |

·
Registered
158 Posts
If your looking for 10mm rear hub spacer shims I can help you out with that!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I saw Van on 28Jan07 at JDM Theory, and he told me he was still selling his products.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I Just bought some shims from Van like a 2 weeks ago. He replied to my emails very fast and I had the shims in a couple of days. Great service and great product. I can't wait to put them on.

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
If your looking for 10mm rear hub spacer shims I can help you out with that!
Keoki, can you point us to some informationg on your spacers shims? Pics, specs, materials/bolts (grade) used. I see you talking about them, but I see no close-up pics of your work or information on what they are made of.

BTW, I saw the install thread.

They look like Van's, but I did not see any pictures of the kit you provide.

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I emailed him, it took about 2 weeks to get back. He isn't missing. Just busy.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Keoki, can you point us to some informationg on your spacers shims? Pics, specs, materials/bolts (grade) used. I see you talking about them, but I see no close-up pics of your work or information on what they are made of.

BTW, I saw the install thread.

They look like Van's, but I did not see any pictures of the kit you provide.

Thanks!
2nd that. I'm very interseted in the 15mm shim, but also would like to hear more about the product.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't show pics right now guys I'm on my phone. But once I get on a regular computer I'll post some pics for ya! And the pics in the write up is the shims that I use that looks similar to vans!

I'm using standard aluminum compared to vans 6061 aluminum. Since the shims is just a spacer I don't see the need for using 6061. If the spacer was more visable then I would've used it as well. Aluminum is a kind of material that doesn't rust or corrode in the most part. I also use grade 8 bolts and lock washers.

I'm not in it 2 make butt loads of money. I'm in it 2 help other follow scion owners out with a product that's just as good at a cheaper price.

keoki

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can't show pics right now guys I'm on my phone. But once I get on a regular computer I'll post some pics for ya! And the pics in the write up is the shims that I use that looks similar to vans!

I'm using standard aluminum compared to vans 6061 aluminum. Since the shims is just a spacer I don't see the need for using 6061. If the spacer was more visable then I would've used it as well. Aluminum is a kind of material that doesn't rust or corrode in the most part. I also use grade 8 bolts and lock washers.

I'm not in it 2 make butt loads of money. I'm in it 2 help other follow scion owners out with a product that's just as good at a cheaper price.

keoki

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I just got some camber shims from him last week. Took a couple emails and a few days before I heard from him.

This weekend, I'll be pulling off my 10mm spacers that I am currently running.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I emailed Van last week. He got back to me the next day and told me they were in stock.

But I went with Keoki's spacers just because they are the same as Van's, only cheaper. Ive owned both (just never installed the OTG's), and they are the same thing.

I give 2 thumbs up to the Keoki 10mm shims. Now have to just wait for the snow to stop so I can see the effects of the spacers with my rims on.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Any change of having a 15mm shim spacer??? Right now I am running a 10mm but would like to put the rear wheels out just a little more..

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Keoki... I am far from a machinist, but I think it is only fair that you disclose exactly what material you are using for your spacers. There is a huge difference between the 6061 Van uses and say a 1XXX, 3XXX series alloy, or something like a 6063.

There are lots of different aluminum alloys available, and for good reason. It might be well worth your time and money to invest in some 6061 to build your spacers out of. Relatively speaking 6061 is very reasonably priced. And using this higher quality alloy might save you, and your customers a lot of headaches in the long run.

And yes, I understand that this is "just a spacer." However, this spacer is a component of your suspension. And that suspension sees dynamic loads. The lateral stresses seen by this component will be exponentially higher during aggressive cornering when compared to what is seen at rest.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Keoki... I am far from a machinist, but I think it is only fair that you disclose exactly what material you are using for your spacers. There is a huge difference between the 6061 Van uses and say a 1XXX, 3XXX series alloy, or something like a 6063.

There are lots of different aluminum alloys available, and for good reason. It might be well worth your time and money to invest in some 6061 to build your spacers out of. Relatively speaking 6061 is very reasonably priced. And using this higher quality alloy might save you, and your customers a lot of headaches in the long run.

And yes, I understand that this is "just a spacer." However, this spacer is a component of your suspension. And that suspension sees dynamic loads. The lateral stresses seen by this component will be exponentially higher during aggressive cornering when compared to what is seen at rest.
No because of the loads they will be only under compression in two planes. The 6160 has a fatigue strength of 9000 psi (this is on 1/2 million cycles). Your car does not even begin to exert these type of forces on these shims. It is unlikely to have any deformation with even much lesser of a grade of material. It would be wiser, IMO, to make one out of steel where there is an infinite life possibility.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
To KEOKI: What is "standard" aluminium? In my view 6061 is in no way overkill (unlike 7075 for example). It still has to stand up to the compression load while going (though not extreme) temperature variations. The grade of the bolts is probably the most important aspect of this mod anyway, but it is still a critical safety/suspension component.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.