Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got some 15x7 rims w/ 40 offset, I know I need tuner lugs.

I mounted the rims (without tires) to see if they rub the suspension. They don't rub but are super close. So I need spacers, I don't like the one that go in front of the hub on the lugs. I see that OTG has the behind ones but is there any other places to shop?? I do like the OTG because they're 10mm and you can stack them to make 20mm. I don't know if I need 20 so it will be nice to try 10 and that I can add later rather tan having to buy all new ones. As for the front, is the ones that go on the lug the only way? Don't know if I need fronts but just in case to avoid rubbing and being flush as possible wouldn't be bad either.

I other thing I noticed is how the stock rims fit on the center hole snug, the new rims can wiggle around the center hub part. Do they make something to correct this or is it just the nature of custom rims??

Thanks in advance as I'm new to this rim stuff. All my other cars were trucks and the local shops have anything you could ever need for a 4x4, and very little or super $$ for import car stuff.

Cheers,
Jeremy

·
Registered
612 Posts
I see that OTG has the behind ones but is there any other places to shop??
You would have to get them custom made. Van at OTG designed these himself and are suer high quality. Really your best choice.

As for the front, is the ones that go on the lug the only way?
Fronts will need spacers that go on the lugs.

I other thing I noticed is how the stock rims fit on the center hole snug, the new rims can wiggle around the center hub part. Do they make something to correct this or is it just the nature of custom rims??
Yeah they are called Hub Centric Rings (HCR).

At tirerack.com, you can find a ton of info on wheels, HCRs, lugs, etc...

HTH

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I just ordered some spacers from OTG. Now I got to find lugs and rings I like.

anymore suggestions out there

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts