Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
decided to steer away from the norm vip stuff, i already built a vip car before i picked up my xb. the wheels remind me of old school ssr fins, which i love.

still got 10k miles left on the warrenty, so all my parts are kinda just hanging out.

specs will be 17x7 +12 17x7 + 5 with 205/40 and custom camber adjustments on hks coilovers.

keep an eye out.
im tryin to get on yalls baller level ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i edited with specs above.
im running custom adapters to make them fit lol
btw, im allstar from vsc with the black wald benz and bagged previa =)

i actually had a set of veilside andrews i got from rbmotoring, but i sent them back bc they were beyond damaged. oh well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those are gangstah!
thx =)
waiting on hks coilovers, my tires and adapters, a lot of misc exterior mods... already modded my headlights and taillights. im thinking about picking up some vogues for tires... thats how we do it in houston :p

older cars for refrence:

prelude back in 00ish

first and last old porsche i built from a shell

stg4 caged and jade green wrx

wald w201 190e

wald eclass

bagged previa

the xb should be fun :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i parted out the previa and sold some parts to shawn and some to mdeonga.
the benz was totalled when someone rear ended my gf driving it.
i bought an xb for a reliable daily since im moving to san francisco in august and my girl is selling her mini cooper.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
thx =)
waiting on hks coilovers, my tires and adapters, a lot of misc exterior mods... already modded my headlights and taillights. im thinking about picking up some vogues for tires... thats how we do it in houston :p

older cars for refrence:

wald w201 190e

the xb should be fun :)
wow!!!! that is a very nice "Wald 190E"

or is it?

I have a stock 190E 2.6, it looks like that.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Good choice of wheels. Check out my profile to see the head40 premiums I've got on mine. The center caps and the fins are slightly different from yours. What camber are you going to be running? I've been thinking of maybe running a -3, but not to sure how it would looks with 17x7's. They might be too skinny for camber to look good. The offeset on mine are +25, but the rear has a 10mm hub shim. Will be looking for a 15mm or 20mm if I decide to go camber. Definately post pics when you get yours on!

I was also looking for vogues when I forst got the wheels, but the smallest I could find was 235/55/17. Which I guess sounds right since I think a whitewall would look funny on a 35 or 40 series tire. You need at least a 45 or 50 series for the whitewall to look right. Hit me up if you find something though. Would love to see them!

·
KEEPIN' IT FRESH...
274 Posts
ohhh!!! so you're that guy who owned that WRX! i saw it posted in a thread on Honda-Tech and was like, "damnnnn!!!" one of my favorite wrxs...

Have fun in the Bay Area...i <3 it there!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow!!!! that is a very nice "Wald 190E"

or is it?

I have a stock 190E 2.6, it looks like that.
lol i was waiting for someone to point that out =p
i got a wald kit for it, but got bored before i installed it

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good choice of wheels. Check out my profile to see the head40 premiums I've got on mine. The center caps and the fins are slightly different from yours. What camber are you going to be running? I've been thinking of maybe running a -3, but not to sure how it would looks with 17x7's. They might be too skinny for camber to look good. The offeset on mine are +25, but the rear has a 10mm hub shim. Will be looking for a 15mm or 20mm if I decide to go camber. Definately post pics when you get yours on!

I was also looking for vogues when I forst got the wheels, but the smallest I could find was 235/55/17. Which I guess sounds right since I think a whitewall would look funny on a 35 or 40 series tire. You need at least a 45 or 50 series for the whitewall to look right. Hit me up if you find something though. Would love to see them!
offsets on mine are +38, but the lug pattern is 4/5x114.3 so i picked up adapters from adaptitusa.com. the rears will be pushed out 1.3in (34.2ish mm) and the front 1in (24.2 mm). as im sure you know, adapters work as spacers so ill be running a +6 in the rear and a +12 in the front. as for tires, since im going to be slammed, im looking into 205's or 195's and running about -3 degrees all around.

as for the vogues, ihave a hookup but the sidewall is higher. and i dont wanna ghetto made some custom ones.

oh yeah, my centercaps are different than any other heads ive seen. dunno why. shrugs.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard, I thought I recognized your S/N from VSC.

I've seen you Wald Mercedes, Nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
offsets on mine are +38, but the lug pattern is 4/5x114.3 so i picked up adapters from adaptitusa.com. the rears will be pushed out 1.3in (34.2ish mm) and the front 1in (24.2 mm). as im sure you know, adapters work as spacers so ill be running a +6 in the rear and a +12 in the front. as for tires, since im going to be slammed, im looking into 205's or 195's and running about -3 degrees all around.

as for the vogues, ihave a hookup but the sidewall is higher. and i dont wanna ghetto made some custom ones.

oh yeah, my centercaps are different than any other heads ive seen. dunno why. shrugs.
Gonna look nice! What size sidewall are you using? So is your hookup special ordering them for you, or do they make them that small? Definately give an update when you get the adapters on and running. I was thinking of getting some before I finally found my wheels in the 4x100. Took about 6 months, while the 4/5X114.3 weren't some scarce. I might have to find a 8" wide head40 and use adapters of they work well and are safe. Really want stretched tires.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
yeah.....i'd be lying if I said my car hasn't been influenced by that pic.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
here are two pics that I've gathered.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
here's one that scotty sent me. I think I found a "new" influence. :p That stance is just perfect!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts