Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey xB community, I've made it 1,000 miles and 3 months with absolutely no issues from my little xB. However last Saturday it died while putting around a parking lot, I thought "no big deal, maybe I popped the clutch and wasn't paying attention " I drove it another 50 miles that day, no issues.

Today I get in the car and start it up and I feel a slight rough idle, then 30 seconds later the engine shuts off, and now it cranks but no start. At first it would kinda start and I could rev the engine while cranking, but now it's all crank and no start.

So I'm kinda getting the same issue I had a year ago. Last year cleaning the MAF sensor seemed to solve the issue, but I'm wondering if I should just all-out replace the sensor, and possibly replace the can position sensor while I'm at it?

Car has 190k miles on it, is a 5 speed, and I'm all for slapping new parts on it because I believe our xB's are excellent cars and should stay on the road as long as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ours keeped turning and wouldent star tillweturn the key, somethimes 2-3 times, this was like 3 months ago it began doin this, now its good but idle is around the 5k mark and car shakes, so maibe starter or timing belt... hope all is well with you...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts