ZPIracing Scion xB Stage 1 Turbo Kit

* MHI 14B turbo
* T304 Stainless Turbo feed pipe
* T304 Stainless intercooler Polished Piping
* 22x9x3 FMIC
* Retains factory crash bar
* Full boost by 3200 RPM
* Safe on stock internals, will need to upgrade the clutch
* ZPIracing External 38mm Wastegate (.06 Bar)
* HKS SSQV BOV
* Bolt on 100% gain in power
* Upgraded 370cc Injectors
* Greddy Emanage (pre-tuned to ZPIracing standards)
* Wiring instructions (a ZPI exclusive)
Price ::: $3,499.99

ZPIracing 550cc Injectors

Price ::: $349.99

Perrin xB/xA Fuel Rail
Price ::: $199.99

ZPIracing Scion xB/xA Stage I head package

Price ::::: $550.00

ZPIracing Scion xB/xA Turbo Pistons

Price :::: $595.00

Stroker kit

Complete Gasket Set
Performance MLS Head Gasket
ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
(75, 75.5, 76mm) and
(8.5, 9.0, 9.5, 10.0 comp ratio)
Plasma Moly Rings
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings
Thrust Washers

Price :::: $969

ZPIracing Scion xB/xA Street/Strip Clutch

Price :: $399.95

HKS Scion XB Hiper ES Wagon Muffler
Price ::: $370

Koyo radiator
Price: $256.95

Unorthodox Racing Aluminum Flywheel
Price ::: $539

Greddy Turbo Timer Full Auto
price: $88.00

Hotchkis Front and Rear Hollow Sway Bars
price: $245.00

Tein Basic Coilovers Scion XA - XB
Price: $801.95

JIC Magic Lower Arm Bar 2 Scion XA/XB
price: $179.00

Greddy SM Integrate Control Unit
price: $105.00

Greddy 52mm Electronic Fuel Pressure Gauges
price: $158.00

Greddy 52mm Electronic Boost Gauges
price: $155.00

Greddy 52mm Electronic Oil Press Gauges
price: $165.00

Greddy 52mm Electronic Temp Gauges
price: $119.00

04-06 Scion XB Carbon Fiber Fender Flares
Price ::: $400

wondering if this can be done , will it b quick as hell and what you guys think i can get Hp to??

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You should be good for around 200-210 whp and run mid 12's to low 13's

You don't need the fender flares.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If you are doing all that to be quick, you can also get CF hood, hatch, and fenders... if you don't like the CF look, paint it...all that for somewhere around $1500, unpainted...

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
If you want to be quick and are rebuilding the motor then get a different turbo. The one for sale on here in the classifieds is a great deal!!!!! I have not heard many good things about ZPI customer service and I thought I heard their test xb had engine failure or something. Unless you live right by them I would look into other sources. Make sure you strengthen the internal components because our motors can only handle about 6psi of boost and even that is deabted. If you bought the kit on here you could buy stronger internals as well.

Also if you are going for quick you can remove dead weight like the spare, interior and other items.

·
Registered
131 Posts
dam...that is a lot of money...if your gonna go with the ZPI kit, at least have them bump you up to a 16g if your gonna build the motor...also scrap the zpi pistons since your getting wiseco pistons with your stroker kit...actually, come to think of it theres a lot of things you should be scrapping from that list especially the head package.
Instead of those fancy greddy gauges, get yourself a wideband cause i noticed you didnt list one....oil pressure, wideband, boost and maybe EGT

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would also suggest getting in contact with the driveshaft shop. You're going to need their new axles...

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item170764.ctlg

You'd also be better off going straight to stand alone engine management, and finding a really good tuner to work with.

And I know many over here try to avoid SL like the plague. But you should visit the forced induction forum over there. Some very knowledgeable individuals visit over there, and some very good information floating around once you get past all of the b.s.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is a lot of money - too rich for my blood and way over my head.
You'll sound mean tho - May your turbo whistle loud enough to scare the bicycle riders on the road next to you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
lol really with that kind of money either an sti or evo, you could even buy the last generation supra. i know the xb is great we all love it but i think anyone of us would get something nicer with that kind of money to spend.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not necessarily. We now own two xBs. And in both instances we could have had much more expensive cars. When the wife bought her '05 the other car she was considering was a Dodge Magnum RT. She ended up with the xB by choice, not necessity.

And I actually sought out a used xB to replace the Prelude I am selling. I picked up a used one because pickings for new models was extremely slim. And I did take a look at several other vehicles when I was considering what to get to replace my Prelude. That includes a low mileage '06 Mustang GT at a very reasonable (well below blue book) price. A car that with a few simple bolt-ons very few if any xBs anywhere could touch performance wise.

Pretty much any vehicle I would have chosen besides the xB would have been considered "more vehicle" by most people. I really don't find that to be the case. You get A LOT of car for the money in the xB. The only real short coming the xB has is that it is a little weak on the power end. Once you get used to it, it really is no big deal. And the means are out there to change that at a pretty reasonable price.

So yes... I would rather own an xB than an STI or EVO.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I agree to a point.

I am more than happy with my choice in the xB because it meets all my needs for a vehicle. It's reliable, versitle, and has a HUGE aftermarket.

I bring up the STi thoing for this guy because with that list of mods and the high grand total for them, it's obvious his goal is to go fast and therefore he should seriously look at another ride.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ctruss... I totally understand your suggestion for something like an STi. My comment was more toward Spiderbox.

Then again there are always those of us who buy a vehicle to do to it specifically what most would disagree with. Like taking a limited edition performance oriented truck, ripping off all of the extraneous factory crap and hacking it up to lay frame on big rollers. Or taking a mild mannered econobox meant for utilitarian transportation and turning it into an absolute screamer.

There is a certain satisfaction to be had when you break away from the norm. Anymore. almost every aspect of custom cars has a "norm." Get yourself a catalogue, some online sources and start bolting on every part imaginable. Sure, you could follow that route with an Evo or STi and absolutely kill a modifies xB. But there is a certain satisfaction in breaking away from the pack and doing something more unorthodox.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i'm with you on that rton i would probably choose a decently quick xb over an sti anyday but like ctruss pointed out it seems with the kind of money he is planning to spend on parts and labor it might make more sense to just get an sti or some other car that yeilds a greater power gain from mods. as he seems most concerned with hp gain.

then again if money wasnt an issue i'd probably spend it beefing up the box too :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I amke the stand that if you are going to turn a 17 thousand dollar car in to a 30 thousand dollar car. you may just want to go out and spend the 25g's a pre built car will cost and pocket the difference for a few mods or beer or whatever

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Edub... you and I are definitely cut from different cloth. I have a truck that is sitting in a field right now rotting away until I can get it moved back home. All told I have probably invested an amount equal to the original sticker price. And I'll probably end up investing half as much again (if not more) to complete it.

In the end the truck might be worth 65%-75% of the original sticker price to the right buyer. And to be honest, other than having to leave it in a field for a couple of years, I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
probably - i think I come from a different quilt all together. Well that is strange that you would rather leave it ina field - what if a bum sleeps in it ?
I did recently sell my fully Loaded VW - w/ turbo and tip tronic the works. I didnt have my XB for more than 2 weeks before I slapped on the CAI , headers and Exhaust. dont know why I did - I just did. So I kinda know where your comin from. but im not heavy in to being flashy - it's just a little "Sleeper" with nothing showing except the fat tip out the back

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Shouldn't a "sleeper" actually be capable of beating other cars? :) Without forced induction, about the only thing our boxes will beat is mopeds. (And I've seen a few of those I wouldn't mess with.)

As far as my truck, it isn't in just some random field. It is a friends back yard. Due to living situations, I hadn't had any place to keep the truck. Now I do, and it will be coming home soon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes a "Sleeper" should be able to beat other cars, well other boxes.
i think the cold air, and headers w/ exhaust are enought to beat another box. plus me driving of course. dont leave the damn driver out of the equation.:)
Cool beans on the truck. I had 2 other. rides got rid of them both - had a Civic with just SI headers on a CX engine, 2.25 inch pipes from the headers back with a Custom Super Cat catalytic conv welded underneath (vs the canister style it came with stock) No air intake and just a maganflow out the back. and that puppy pulled. w/ 17" racing harts C2 wheels. Sold it to a friend. Gave my VW passat wagon to Moms for some money I owed. that went out stock with just factory turbo and tiptronic tranny - fully loaded.
got tired of trying to do the balancing act between wich car to drive when and where. I put on 100 miles a day every day just for work!!
anyhow Im sure my stock looking vehicle could take on another Box and beat it - or not - depends on what theyve got stashed under the hood too. its all good unless you put up the pink slip right ??

I do have a Vespa type scooter that is probably better off the line than most boxes are - and that is just a 125cc :) maxes out at around 60mph so far - if I duck down and tuck for less drag.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.